crush protection for busa 2009

dont park near hippos or landfills.....

JK, crash protection..u will want the frame sliders that you need to cut your fairing for. They offer the most protection. There are guys on here that have dropped the bike in the driveway and had no damage to the fairings with them.

:welcome: aboard!

Do you mean sliders? I got a set of T-Rex no-cut sliders on my 08 right now. They are definitely much stronger than the frame. I have no concerns about the sliders breaking more than they protect. The pucks and post mounts (which are aluminum)should absorb, at a minimum, the level of impact as the Vortex racing sliders that they replaced.

MSF course? ???

Oh "crush" not "crash" sorry, it's late here :(

Last edited:
:welcome: aboard!

Do you mean sliders? I got a set of T-Rex no-cut sliders on my 08 right now. They are definitely much stronger than the frame. I have no concerns about the sliders breaking more than they protect. The pucks and post mounts (which are aluminum)should absorb, at a minimum, the level of impact as the Vortex racing sliders that they replaced.

pics? I was always told to stay away from no cut sliders?

:welcome: to the oRg. You can also purchase cages to better protect the engine and frame :thumbsup:

pics? I was always told to stay away from no cut sliders?

I did a lot of research on the T-Rex no-cut sliders, and I did not find but one or two "they didn't work" posts out of thousands of threads in Google. If they don't work, show me proof of why they don't, and the damage that these sliders caused that would not have happened with 'cut' sliders.

:beerchug:

Busa_Pose1.JPG

No-Cut1.JPG

That's a sweet ride Tru...I like that a lot more than the Concours :bowdown:
where did the bags come from?

:welcome:

No cut frame sliders would probably hold up on a stopped spill, The sliders you have to cut the fairings for will do a better job at slow speeds, Cages will help the best but Im not real keen on the looks.

No cut frame sliders would probably hold up on a stopped spill, The sliders you have to cut the fairings for will do a better job at slow speeds, Cages will help the best but Im not real keen on the looks.

You're probably right about the crash cages.

I still would like to see proof that T-Rex no-cut sliders are junk, as you're indicating. The support brackets are stronger than the frame. The attach to the frame in the same locations as the cut-through sliders, but have a larger contact area. The post that the actual slider puck sits on appears to be T-6160 aluminum. The pucks are Delrin, just like every other racing puck on the market.

No slider will prevent damage to the plastics, but I would put money on it that T-Rex sliders will hold up just as good or better than cut-through sliders of the same length.

Not to sound too harsh, but I want proof. Man up and deliver, or move along quietly please.

:beerchug: I have the TRex no cut frame sliders. I did not want to cut the fairings. I figure on a tip over it should be find. On a crash at speed the frame sliders can cause it to flip as well as save it. Toss up.

Back