Hayabusa Information

dgreif

Registered
I recently sold my V-MAX. I'm very interested in buying a Hayabusa. I just saw a white 2009. Local dealer has a new 2007 at $9,000.00 Is it worth the extra money to buy the 2009.

That's a personal call there. Depends on your financial well being and what YOU want. Being the owner of an 07 and knowing the bike, $3000 (price difference between $9000 and an 09) will mod it enough to hand an 09 it's a** on a platter in every form, performance wise. But, an 07 isn't the newest thing on the road, and if that is important, nothing but the 09 will do.
As I said, personal call.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I recently sold my V-MAX. I'm very interested in buying a Hayabusa. I just saw a white 2009. Local dealer has a new 2007 at $9,000.00 Is it worth the extra money to buy the 2009.
Unless you're a hardcore corner carver the only real difference is going to be about 13 hp more for the 09. Both bikes are ridiculously fast, and the 07 with a few bolt on mods will be all over the 09 in performance if thats what you want. If your a power freak and part time road racer the 09's a better starting point.....more power and better brakes. If you just want a fast street bike either one will do :thumbsup:

As a 2007 owner myself I have to say thats a tuff call, I love my 07, I like the Body style better than the Gen II, But from what I have heard the Gen II is a better bike and it is newer. Good luck with that choice, Be sure to let us know your decision. What color is the 07.

Demmym%20006.jpg

Either the Gen 1 or 2 Hayabusa would be a great bike DEGREIF. If you have the money, buy a new bike because of the impovements in performance and braking---my two cents

Read my Sig and you can see how to get Gen II braking on a Gen I for about $250, installed. That leaves you $2750 to make up that 15 hp.:whistle:

I've owned both. My GenII is still in the break in phase, and in my opinion you can talk all day about 9, 13, 15 HP, but my GenII is a much improved ride.

You can't go wrong either way. The GenII is much, much more than HP.

a gen I will always be a gen I.
If you can spring for the gen II do it.
If having yesterdays technology does not bother you save the $$ and get the gen I.
I have both and both are great.
The gen I fits me better.
The gen II is just a refined gen I.
More parts are available for the gen I
The gen I will lose more resale after you ride off the lot.
If you plan on buying another busa in the future, the gen II will return more $$.
Good luck, you cannot lose either way, the busa is a great motorcycle with a very loyal owner group. Great people here :thumbsup:

Too much money for others to make the call....gotta be a decision made by you....both great bikes...can't go wrong with either choice

Too much money for others to make the call....gotta be a decision made by you....both great bikes...can't go wrong with either choice
Maybe sit on both and see which fits you better? The gen II seems to have a slightly more aggressive seating position. And of course decide which one you like the looks of better. You gotta weigh the money saved vs what you want. If your an experienced high hp rider you might want the extra performance of the 09. If you're new to high hp bikes the first gen will probably be enough to scare you, let alone even more power :laugh:
I've been riding fast bikes for years....so for me the most performance I can get is always what I go for :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone. I'm new to this forum. At 54 I'm pretty much looking for straight line speed at this age. I'm going to sit on the 07 again and make a Gen 1 or Gen 2 decision. One thing is certain, there will be a third bike in the garage by spring.

As a 2007 owner myself I have to say thats a tuff call, I love my 07, I like the Body style better than the Gen II, But from what I have heard the Gen II is a better bike and it is newer. Good luck with that choice, Be sure to let us know your decision. What color is the 07.
Nice bike, looks alot like mine. How many inches are you stretched? I'm about 7". Your bike looks about at stock height in the rear. Did you lower it after stretching? If so, how much, and does your rear tire rub when riding, especially 2 up? I want to lower my bike in the rear but was told I needed an undertail to prevent tire rub.

Thanks,
BMW5

IMG00004a.jpg

Back