Cruiser to Sport Question

Shadow

Registered
I am 31 and have been riding cruisers ( yamaha Virago 700 & one summer on a 97 Valkyrie )
i enjoy cruisers but something just doesn't feel right on them i enjoy short city runnin around metro detroit and distance rides up to a few states,
Is the Busa a good distance Bike ?
i haven't found any local dealer that would allow me to ride a street bike, like for a weekend if anyone knows any please let me know, i live in westland
the 700 i am riding right now is no good for distance riding. so i am intrigued by giving the sports bikes a chance but it's hard deciding to buy a $10,000 bike without any time on one?
any comments ? questions? suggestions? or opinions are welcome
i won't get offended.
What is best factors to take into considerations? what should i have doubts about?

Dennis<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'></span>

I have also considered getting a GSXR1000 but the busa feels more comfortable, roomy for the distance ( just an assumption for checkin'em out ) i have been tossin around a the idea of a VTX too, but something keeps leanin me back to the 'Busa.

Okay fire away
smile.gif

busa is sooo smooth it is like aZX11 pumped up and ZX11's were great long distance bike not problem riding 200+ miles a day

Gotta agree with Johnny, I rode from Cairns to Darwin the other day, 3500km in 3.5 days, no probs. Unlimited speed limits for half of it in the Northern Territory only putting in 6Hrs a day. I would recommend an aftermarket windshield. The originals a little low. Also I now use BT20 rubber, the factory rubber squared off pretty fast. Up (down???) here the temps are max 37C and min 24C (100F-75F) so the tars always warm and you can get away with a harder compound. For long distance my pack strapped nicely to the rear seat. Hope this is of any use.

Cheers

I have not ridden many cruiser except for my dad's HD Road King. I have ridden several differnt sport bike including the Honda VFR. The busa is much more comfortable than it looks. I do have the stock wind screen and am going to get the double bubble for better wind protection. As for test ridding one GOOD LUCK. I went and called several dealers and nobody would let me test ride one. I even tried some of the places that rent motorcycles but no one rented the big sport bikes.

My suggestion is to find someone that has one or someone that is selling one and take it for a ride.

<!--EDIT|jumbo
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078902334 -->

Yeah, I've got a doubble bubble screen, better vis of the dash and lifts the air flow a little higher. Still have to lay down a bit over180k but did the job.

Cheers

Very comfortable bike the Busa is, I would prefer the footpegs a little lower but other then that, all around good long distance bike IMHO

Most cumfortable sport bike on the road. I had a CBR 900 for about three years and compared to it the Busa is a Cadillac. Avery fast Cadillac.

I went from an ST1100 to the Busa, yes it is comfortable. Get a taller screen or the Lip for the stock screen to raise the pocket.

Dennis,
I started on sportbikes, sold them all. I  took a long lay off until I borrowed a buddies Honda Shadow 1100, I was then hooked on buying another bike. I thought buying cruiser would be the responsible way to continue to ride. I bought a 98 Valkyrie that was a great bike, but after the 1st summer did not get a chance to ride that much(own a business). So I sold it. After 18 months I became obsessed with getting another bike. I demoed Gold Wings to VTX, always looked at and read about the Busa, but never road tested. Ended up buying an 02 HD Road King. Great bike, no problems, looks incredible but it just sits in the garage because it just isn't that much fun to ride. It just isn't my type of bike. This time around I roadtested a ST1300, BMW K1200GS, and was looking at the ZZR1200. I kept looking at  the 03 Blk/slvr Busa on the floor. I did some homework and found this site. I read a thread about the sport tourer capabilities of this bike (heli-bars & Zero Gravity screen). I went down and roadtested the Busa and it was smooth and it handled and it is the fastest fuggin bike made. I love it and I'm now an obsessed guy who is writing into an internet forum (I'm a busaholic). The busa is a great bike and this is a great place to get honest and educated answers to your questions. Good luck,
HC

Thank You Guys very much i keep goin back up to the local dealer and sittin on, feelin out a few different bikes but as much as i am tryin to keep an open mind I keep getting drawn back to that black / purple beauty sittin off to the left side of the showroom, i am goin to give myself a few weeks at least (i've waited this long) too be sure, but i think i am goin to end up with this beautiful beast, i am still open to the many opinions and suggestions,, fire away and am truely thankful for what's been offered so far ,Thanks Everyone
cool.gif

Dennis

Biggest thing is going to be seating position, it's going to be completely different than what you are used to.  I am not saying it's uncomfortable but it will be very different.  You'll notice your back hurts a lot less on a sportbike than cruiser after a few hundred miles though.

As the Busa rolls of the showroom floor, it's pretty darned comfy, I was all fired up for Heli-bars and a Corbin seat, but after a few long days I really do not think I am going to do either.  Bars are good, (Heli's Would be more comfortable no doubt) and the seat is plenty cushy.  

What I can say though is if you buy a Busa, don't run out and make a bunch of changes right away.  The first month or two you might find yourself in all sorts of discomfort, BUT your body adjusts, your upper body will get used to having a little weight on them, your abs will get a little tight, and your legs will get used to it.  After awhile you will be right at home on the Busa.   A dubble Bubble is a great Idea looks good and you'll be able to see your gauges.

And just like every other New Busa Owner, you get the "Take It Slow and Get used to the Busa Lecture."  It really is that wild, you have to ease up to it's potential a little bit.  It's a smooth pussy Cat below about 5K RPM, from then on at WFO?  It's a freaking wonderful Beast...  Which is why we all hang out here and chitter like Junior High Girls about it...  Nothing else out there compares...
biggrin.gif

Oh and good luck getting a test ride on a Busa... about all you can really do is go to the dealership and camp out on that thing for about 30-45 minutes, feet on pegs. That will give you an OK Idea of how it's going to feel...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079100610 -->

Thanks Rev,

I am assuming it will take some getting used to and have no intentions of modin it in the first year other than a DB Shield, I do like Tobin's Seats though they look really slick

And I am very good at takin my time to get to know any machine i get on and ease into it's potential & Limits and mine as well, though Thanks Much for the opinion I gotta a laugh outta the schoolgirl comparison too
laugh.gif

Shadow

Back