Sport tourer

wiliturk

Registered
Hello, I am considering a 'Busa and I have a few questions. I have aged somewhat and can't go the radical heels in your butt weight on your wrists seating position of most sport bikes. I want to ride some distance, emphasis on back roads. I don't think I am ready for a Gold Wing but would enjoy some comfort. I have had anumber of sport bikes in the past my last being a KTM Duke. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.

There are many mods that can be done to enhance the busa’s riders posture.

im 6'/6'1" depends on whos measuring. ive ridden tank of gas full ,tank of gas full ,tank of gas full,540 miles stopping only for gas and i will say that the busa is the most comfortable bike ive ever ridden.i have owned a roadstar,softtail,and have ridden many miles on a goldwing, this is the only bike ill vouch for as a cruising MACHINE its gotten everything you need.even fro your loved one or like to loved one
biggrin.gif

DSCN0938.JPG

Having only 1,200 miles on my new LE I can't attest to its full touring ability, yet, but I did ride it home 460 miles with no problem in comfort. I am 6'1", 240 and have 36" arms so the jockey riding position didn't seem to bother me. I usually ride one of my CBXs on my long summer tour but this year I thought I'd remove the tailcone and using stacked tailbags and a tankbag, head out on the Busa. Maybe Glacier, Yellowstone, Lolo, haven't decided but I usually stay out 10 days or so. I'll report back in early July.

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

The Busa will make a excellent sport tourer
wink.gif

I rode the 'Busa 650 miles the day I bought it almost all interstate @ 75mph - and it felt great.

I'm 6' with 34" arms - and the all stock position fits me great.  I still have the stock screen, and I've read that the airflow helps lift the weight off your arms.  Don't know if that's it or not, but I can ride this bike all day in comfort.

Welcome -- I and my wife have ridden some distance 300-400 milers -- mine has 1 1/2" bar risers
and is lowerd 3/4" I consider it a GREAT sport touring bike -- and it's still a SPORT BIKE TOO !!!

Busa_dash.JPG

Couldn't see myself going this way because I wouldn't want to give up the Busa'a power and handling, but you may want to consider a Yamaha FJR 1300. Supposed to be pretty good for 2006.

I finally finished some mods I needed done. So my plans are Wens leaving for Limon, Col and back to practice a LD Rally ride. I'll let you know how it does then, and by the way, that's 1,030 miles that I should do in about 17 hours
wink.gif

Well the ole Busa is now a certified tourer
smile.gif
! She did extremely well and the only thing tired are my legs
laugh.gif
! Have'ta figure something out on that
blush.gif
. But other than that, it was a great ride . Now I need to go bed-ie  Bye
biggrin.gif

Dalcol........just as a suggestion for leg releif you may want to try TL 1000R rider foot pegs.their are about 5/8" lower than stock busa, I'm 6' and they really work for me, easy to install, just get the spacers for the TL1000R pegs when ordering the and your' all set, the rest from the stock pegs will work the the new ones
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hello, I am considering a 'Busa and I have a few questions. I have aged somewhat and can't go the radical heels in your butt weight on your wrists seating position of most sport bikes. I want to ride some distance, emphasis on back roads. I don't think I am ready for a Gold Wing but would enjoy some comfort. I have had anumber of sport bikes in the past my last being a KTM Duke. I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you.
I'll tell you what wiliturk, I'm 37 , I've had a couple bulged discs in my back, and I have Kienbock's disease,which means I have a permanatly fractured bone in my left wrist. I've had surgury on it and have limited motion/strengh in it. Stock the bike was on the borderline for me,but with the mods, helibars, genmar riser, and buell footpegs, I can ride for hours. It is absolutly the most comfortable bike I have ever owned. My back even feels BETTER AFTER I ride. $325 worth of mods: priceless. In my opinion the stock seat is plenty comfy. I used to have a Yamaha VMAX and the busa blows it out of the water for comfort. Plus you get that sweet, smooth engine.

Dalcol........just as a suggestion for leg releif you may want to try TL 1000R rider foot pegs.their are about 5/8" lower than stock busa, I'm 6' and they really work for me, easy to install, just get the spacers for the TL1000R pegs when ordering the  and your' all set, the rest from the stock pegs will work the the new ones
smile.gif

smile.gif
A BIG THANKS to Ya
tounge.gif
, I am gona try that
idea.gif
!!

I tried the Buells, but really didn't like their look or feel. They made my feet point out like a DUCK
laugh.gif

smile.gif

Back