Cruise'n

wizeguy

Registered
Do any of you guys find yourself riding with cruisers more than other sportbikes? This year I have been riding with mostly cruisers (other than fellow busa owners). I think I just got sick and tired of the antics that tends to follow the younger sportbike crowd....and I am only 26! I dunno, I by no means want a cruiser but I seem to fit in with that crowd easier.

Cruisers ride with a calmer head.

A lot of the sport bike riders act like they have something to prove.

I'm not out to drag a knee on every corner.

i have ridden with several board members , and had great rides . ive ridden with cruisers and had decent slow paced rides , and i have ridden alone and had good rides , try to not classify everyone as sportbike riders , judge them seperatly , and see what you find ?
beerchug.gif

I prefer to ride by myself most of the time.

I have never ridden with a group of cruisers but I really enjoy buzzing past them
race.gif

Yes, I ride most of the time with a guy that rides a Honda Valkrie. He cant believe how I can ride from 7 am to 10 pm on the Busa. I just love my bike and love to ride it.

I'm with Georgiabusa. I ride sun up to well past sunset, and many cruise nights.
Often times I come across packs of Hardley Davidsons who give me the thumbs up and the peace symbol. They can't believe I ride from Toronto Canada to St. Petersburg Fla every year.
On Cruise nights I go out and usually run with packs of up to 50 sport bikes, most are well behaved and pull wheelies and that sort of fun.
Some of the less experienced guys have to be taught how to ride in group formation and line up for the corners, though. They can often become a danger to everyone around them. I have pulled several fellas from fields that they landed in,when they overshoot corners. lol.Most cruisers are more mature I assume just by the buyers they attract.

I don't ride with anyone.  I found that I was either way to fast (or they were way tooooo slow) , or the guys I was with went way toooooo fast. I've never been comfortable riding with groups or other people. Expecially since the courts found other riders partally guilty (and had civil judgements -- read $$$$$- against them) when a rider was killed because he was trying to keep up, lost control, crashed and died. Lots of riders had to pay lots of $$$$$ to his family. So, with me, you want to ride, go ahead, but we're NOT together, we'll just agree to  meet somewhere down the road  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Sep. 14 2006,13:18) I don't ride with anyone. I found that I was either way to fast (or they were way tooooo slow) , or the guys I was with went way toooooo fast. I've never been comfortable riding with groups or other people. Expecially since the courts found other riders partally guilty (and had civil judgements -- read $$$$$- against them) when a rider was killed because he was trying to keep up, lost control, crashed and died. Lots of riders had to pay lots of $$$$$ to his family. So, with me, you want to ride, go ahead, but we're NOT together, we'll just agree to meet somewhere down the road
beerchug.gif
That's BS...............I would not pay. They could take it from my taxes or something, but I would not willingly pay - "Ride Your Own Bike" we say. Where was this incident?

As for the topic.....I ride my Vmax if it is a less than sporty group - so I still get to be fast :-) ....and leave an arc of rubber on the turns...........

(CCRider @ Sep. 14 2006,13
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
)
(DaCol. @ Sep. 14 2006,13:18) I don't ride with anyone.  I found that I was either way to fast (or they were way tooooo slow) , or the guys I was with went way toooooo fast. I've never been comfortable riding with groups or other people. Expecially since the courts found other riders partally guilty (and had civil judgements -- read $$$$$- against them) when a rider was killed because he was trying to keep up, lost control, crashed and died. Lots of riders had to pay lots of $$$$$ to his family. So, with me, you want to ride, go ahead, but we're NOT together, we'll just agree to  meet somewhere down the road  
beerchug.gif
That's BS...............I would not pay. They could take it from my taxes or something, but I would not willingly pay - "Ride Your Own Bike" we say. Where was this incident?

As for the topic.....I ride my Vmax if it is a less than sporty group - so I still get to be fast :-) ....and leave an arc of rubber on the turns...........
First one happened in Florida when the Ex-Astronaut crashed and died. The other happened here in Oklahoma (as I recall ) last year. Since then, even poker runs here have become questionable. But we still have them. This is one of the issues we've discussed in our LD Assocation, after TEXAS made Long Distance Rallys (1000 miles +) per day illegal. There are ways around it, but I would rather not be involved since I do have $$$$$ to lose  
race.gif

Dude can fly a spaceship, but not a bike..............shees - fugged up.
I guess astronauts and football players need to stay off :-) Usually the flyer or poster for poker runs say something about not speeding...it's not a race anyway.

I ride with cruisers most of the time lot of the rocket riders here are young and inexperienced I try to stay a way from them but I do ride with one board member on many ocations

I only ride with other sportbike riders and mostly liter bikes at that. I love it cause when they get a bit wild I can still keep up, but when we go on long rides, they are all saddle sore where as I am pretty much OK.

Sigh I ride with mainly cruisers when I cant set time to ride with wizeguy. However, I did find this guy on georgiasportbikes that rides a vfr. We rode some north macon roads 2 weekends ago man was nice to ride with a fellow sportbiker.

I tend to be an elite snob when choosing my riding partners. I would like to make it back home to see my wife and kids.
beerchug.gif

I ride with anyone that rides with their helmet on straight and isn't out to prove that they have a bike! " Everyone can see that you have one"

I have riden with all sorts but spend most of my time by myself. I think there are more cruisers in my area than sportbikes anyway.

mostly with my wife on a cruiser,but she's not scared,if i get too rowdy she just backs off and says"she'll catch up."most sport riders here all seem to be squidish.

I'll ride with anyone as long as they don't go too slow. I can't stand being passed by traffic on a bike; I worry some head up azz cager will plow into me from behind. My friends ride everything from a sportster to a turbo bandit, so there's always variety.

Back