Cruise Control / Throttle Lock...

IL_Bow_Man

Registered
What do you guys recomend? My GF needs something...if she rides for too long her hand starts cramping due to medical issues. Looking for something to put on so she can stretch her hand here and there. A search led me many different directions.

What is your thoughts...

cruise control would be ideal but throttle meister should be cheaper alternative

I have the throttlemeister, works well on straits. I don't use but only on looong trips. My dad uses a cramp buster and he loves it. Allows you just rest your wrist on the throttle.

Do her hands go numb? I found padded gloves go along way.
Posted via Mobile Device

Is it possible that she is gripping the bars too tight as this will cause carpel tunel to flare up. I had the same problem years ago when learning to fly as I was unknowingly putting a death grip on the yoke thus causing the same problems. I also have the throttlemeister but it sounds like the crampbuster may work for her. She may just need to focus on relaxing her grip a little plus the crampbuster.

Gpr1200r

I am going to say it is a combination of her grip and some medical issues. She is a fairly new rider and I do think she grips it a little tight. She has said before that she doesn't understand how I can drive it basically open handed... But she has lupus wich basically causes some arthritis feeling in her hands. She took a cruise that was over an hour one way the other day and when she got home they were bugging her.

I am liking the looks of the throttlemeister. As it will work for me as well. But as she rides more and with the combination of something like these, I think she will be much more comfortable.

I have some issues as well and love my throttlemeister.

I have used my friends crampbuster and that thing is a pain in the ass!

I've had real cruse control on the Busa for 5 years. No having to make manual adjustments for uphill.downhill. When they were making the vacuum canister model, it was less expensive than the throttlemeister.

I 've been using a throttle boss for years . I broke my wrist into 30+ pieces and it has nerver been the same . This works very well for me and it holds onto any grip . For a ride over 5-600 I would like to get a throttle lock , they do work well but just being able to not have to grip the grip I can rest my hand on it and keep at a steady pace .

Back