Cruise Control for the Busa.

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
Wanting to add something to help with the long stretches of road.... Looked at the Throttle Meister, Throttle Rocker, and Throttle boss. But, I'm wondering if this could work. Only cost about $2........
catring.jpg
Its a Caterpillar O-Ring.....

I use throttlemister on mine it works ok.
Cost slightly more than 2 bucks. Gives your arms and hands a rest on long rides.

That's great. I wonder if a, how do i say it, "rooster" ring would work? I guess it depends on the size of your rooster. LOL. Chris

I use a "throttle lock". Small little attachment the goes on and off with a flick of the thumb. $9.95 works for me.

Lift the gas tank, take off the airbox (not required, just more room) Find the fast idle cam, bend the tab stop back out of the way, loosen two nuts on the fast idle line, adjust fast idle, tighten two nuts, replace airbox, close gas tank.

Very quick and dirty cruise control. All of this should take 15 - 30 mins. Very easy and free.

God Bless

Lift the gas tank, take off the airbox (not required, just more room)  Find the fast idle cam, bend the tab stop back out of the way,  loosen two nuts on the fast idle line, adjust fast idle, tighten two nuts,  replace airbox, close gas tank.

Very quick and dirty cruise control.   All of this should take 15 - 30 mins.  Very easy and free.

God Bless
yep

HHHMMM..... I dont know about all that. I dont suppose I would be doing that any time soon. Locking the throttle on the busa cant be a good idea. I understand that it is easily taken off and all but it just doesnt settle to well.

Cruise control would be just what the doctor ordered when I drive 2 hrs to pick up the new bike Friday... Where can you pick up something like the throttlemister???

ok on the fast idle how much should it idle while in nuetral ? about what rpm range and also
is there any affect on the engine ? will it do any damage ??

thanks
cool.gif

Thanks jeepcj258 and Johnnycheese for the tip on the fast idle lever. I fixed mine this evening and it seems like it will work great. Probably will rarely use it but it should help on the open road for a few minutes to rest the right hand.

<span style='color:black'>I have a throttlemeister, and I have seen o-ring setups, lever locks, and the like work and work reliably. O-rings from the hardware store are the cheapest, and so what if you have to replace them, like, every couple of years, eh?

The throttlemeister does look nice, however, and may dampen some bar vibration, especially if you get the heavier version (I didn't).

They all scare me, however, because they don't disengage the throttle when you brake (or clutch) as an auto cruise control does -- my natural instincts may not be ready for them, I suppose
down.gif

I had a "real" cruise control on my BMW, and although it was safer it broke two or three times during the year I owned the bike. Ah, well...</span>

Back