Crash you were in

Crash you were in - speeding or not? be honest

• I was speeding.

Votes: 103 100.0%

• Total voters
33 years riding now ... Crashed YES. Rolled slowly away from a stop sign turning left hit sand lowsided watching my mirror glass bouncing along with me. Passed a pickup before a hair pin not enough time to slow down
Got it down to about 3-4 mph and went over a cliff- glad there was a huge manzanita tree 10' down and stopped me..yep speeding. 85 900 ninja like brand new -- came to a strange curve-- intersection..combo decided to make the turn 35 mph hit lot's of sand and lowsided...jacket on the back and very hot--slid on my elbow..OUCH!
Fast forward 20 years without a bail.. 1/4 mile from home stopped looked and saw a ricer car.. this is gonna be fun i'm thinking..turning right very little throttle straight though a patch of sand.. bike almost did a complete 360 and highsided my azz as i flew azz over teakettle thing WTF is happening..broke two rib's
messed up my Bus abit. ps if want to sell my bike a will first delete this post.
face7.gif

Also many many close calls... wonder why i am still here.. and turning 57 today.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
birthday.gif

I have no memories of the One crash I had where I visited the hospital. I don't think I was speeding since it was on a bridge where I usually go slower. Other minor incidents where always at very low speeds.

Thats a good question, id say yes to 3 of my accidents and the rest were wheelie's gone bad, of course these were all back in my crazy days.

2 accidents speed was not a factor in either. neither one my fault and they both ran after hitting me. last had to back up to leave and hit me again while she fled. lucky for them both they didn't stick around cause
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

Did you know that in the state of Texas.. unless you're on a state maintained highway, cattle and livestock have the right of way!! If you hit one, you have to pay for it as well as the damage.... No, I didn't actually hit it..instead hit the rider who veered into my path to miss the cow.... Can we say OUCH!!! That's hands down the worst I've been in...

onebadbusa.jpg

every woopsie ive ever had was due to speeding or showboating in some way, yes ive been riding since i got a mini bike in 1st grade that was in 1972, and can honestly say ive been down more times than i can even remember, well i remember the bad ones that left me broken, but they all could have been prevented if i wasnt pushin it to the edge, or bein a jack ass.

A couple of mishaps on my first bike(I was still learning). Wrecks can, do, and will happen. The most important thing is always wear a helmet!(Even in states where riding without a helmet is legal), and always be aware of all of your surroundings!(The 4 wheel drivers)

Just wondering if speeding is a factor.

You have to be moving to crash, right? So speed is always a factor. :poke:

Your question is correct because you ask if speeding was a factor. Why can't news reporters get that right? ???

A: Yes. I was 5 over the local speed. 25 over the suggested corner speed. I low-sided it and hit a guardrail.

hmmm...

been in 4 crashes, 2 of them at the track, both involved speeding or too hot corner entry.

the other 2 were: Lady didn't yield and decided to u turn in front of me. That case finally got settled over the summer after 3 TRYING years! Good settlement

The other one was me leaving school, black ice on the ground, cold tires, throttle happy, lean angle, well......highside....ouch! Luckily I was wearing full leathers but jacked up my 2nd Shoei Rf1000 diabolic helmet

Solo, speed not a factor. Unfamiliar terrain in a turn on an unmarked blind corner, ran over something small, bike wiggled right as the direction of the asphalt changed, left roadway no more than 25-30mph,speed limit was 35mph. Wearing all my gear,theres no guarantees on a motorcycle.

5-2-08 crash 020.jpg

5-2-08 crash 019.jpg

xray lable misc 007.jpg

xray lable misc 005.jpg

Last edited:
I was speeding but got cutoff.....I braked hard at 135 mph, the rear locked and I ate it hard. 9 broke ribs, punctured lung, broken collar bone, road rash head to toe, ripped back of my hand opened, 2 surgeries. Bill was 250 grand.

I was speeding but got cutoff.....I braked hard at 135 mph, the rear locked and I ate it hard. 9 broke ribs, punctured lung, broken collar bone, road rash head to toe, ripped back of my hand opened, 2 surgeries. Bill was 250 grand.

Ouch. . .

been down a few times...only one where speeding was a factor was when i was riding the back roads just north of Tupelo, Ms and came around a right hander to find a garbage truck coming toward me in my lane...i guess if i had been going half the speed limit, i could have turned to the inside without fear of lowsiding directly in front of the truck...instead, i went wide through his lane and ended up losing it in the ditch on the other side of the road...managed to get up and ride away...all the rest of my street bike wrecks have been low speed drops on gravel roads and in the yard with dew still on the grass (bad idea!!!)

Back