Crash you were in

Crash you were in - speeding or not? be honest

• I was speeding.

Votes: 103 100.0%

• Total voters
i was doing about 115 mph on my 01 cbr f4 when a old guy came out of a side street and i bounced off the front end of the car. Totaled the bike and shattered my ankle. I had to learn how to walk again. Thats me being stupid and a squid because the speed limit was 35 mph. I learned my lesson on that one.
spank.gif

i was doing about 115 mph on my 01 cbr f4 when a old guy came out of a side street and i bounced off the front end of the car.  Totaled the bike and shattered my ankle.  I had to learn how to walk again.  Thats me being stupid and a squid because the speed limit was 35 mph.  I learned my lesson on that one.    
spank.gif
You sound luckier than Nick and Candice

I used to live in an apartment complex. Parked my bike right in front of my door. Went to work about 4am one morning was riding my bike (on pedal power) through the complex, had to take a sharp right turn. put my feet up to take the turn (still asleep not realizing I was on pedal power) and realized I didn't have any acceleration to balance me out. Bike went down, It happened so slow I actually stood up when it happened.

It was then I realized how heavy my bike was. Helped a friend pick up his '00 honda 600 I felt like hercules compared to when I tried to lift my busa.

I dont care what anyone says..... Everyone eventually crashes. That is why it sux!

and go ahead,,, be the dumbazz to say that it aint never gunna happen to you!!
whistling.gif
you are being a dumbass having that outlook.

If you are referring to my comments, I never said it wouldn't (or didn't) happen, just that I don't count on the inevitable as being negative.

Two years ago, got taken out on the interstate by a flying 55 gallon construction beacon a car hit (probably on a cell phone) Saw it coming, was going 55 (limit) when I saw it, maybe 25 mph @ impact. Had gear, walked away with a minor scratch. Cager left scene of accident. Busa plastics and a few small trim pieces were replaced. Cost $2K. 1st accident in 15+ years riding.

I dont care what anyone says..... Everyone eventually crashes. That is why it sux!

whistling.gif

If you are referring to my comments, I never said it wouldn't (or didn't) happen, just that I don't count on the inevitable as being negative.
I am sure he was just stating a fact bro and not directing it at you man but the man is speaking the truth it is only a matter of time it just comes with territory.

whistling.gif

I am sure he was just stating a fact bro and not directing it at you man but the man is speaking the truth it is only a matter of time it just comes with territory.
Not taking it personally - I mean it's cool...

Just saying I don't think like that - NOT saying I don't think I won't ever crash.

And it gets so old listening to people cough up the same ol' "there are 2 types of riders..." routine.

Looking at my family history, I should probably die young of either heart disease or cancer - it's just the odds, BUT I don't think like that and therefore do not live like that.

Will it make a difference?  I dunno - I kinda look at it as if it is completely out of my control.  Who knows, I may get in a motorcycle accident and not die of those things.

Go figure.

I personally don't get the idea what I am saying is followed exactly, so I'm done here.

"When your Number is Up. It's UP !!!!

"GOD" DOES NOT Care if your Riding A Motorcycle or Driving a Geo Metro or Walking Down the Street.

That Decision is FINAL !!!!!!!!!!
sad.gif

I thought I was the only one that had that "SLOOOWWW MOOOTIOON" fall ? I was use to the wieght of a 600, When I got to a stop, after a car pulled in front of me the bike was still leaning over just a little bit, and I thought I was going to be able to just pull it back up......WRONG !!! It just went down REEEEALLL SSSLOOOWWW

64 year old lady on her cell phone ran a stop sign, T boned her at 50 mph, (55 mph zone). Still in court!

My first bike after 15 years absence--2001 Busa....February in Canada, NO SNOW on the road, just really cold road.
Went around a street corner too low, maybe a little too slow..low sided...slid into high curb..real slow..bike plastics shattered, wrote off new bike.Replaced with a 2000 Busa. Swore to become a better rider..7 years later,a few racing courses,a lot of track days, race license.
Much better now!
A couple of low sides at the track...but I guess they were speed related!
The street is not the place to race, even though we all have our moments.

Keep shiny side up and Drive within your LIMITS !!!
BEWARE OF ALL CAGES !!!
Be Safe..at least carefully crazy.

How did this topic get revived?

It will happen. Exactly when you least expect it. How much will it hurt? That is the really unpredictable part.

I have broadsided 2 cars that pulled out in front of me. I was not speeding either time.

thrown off a honda 250 in the MSF course going 5mph on a slippery course, and me being 6'2 on a 250..., and the thing was old and rusty, who knows?
laugh.gif

ive had two incedence oddly enough niether were my fault, the first was on a four lane sity street, i was in the lane closest to the center when someone cut across both lanes trying to go the other way, it was either turn into the car next to me or into oncoming traffic, so i hit the brakes and t-boned the guys front fender, he was pretty upset after he found out you don't need insurance in washington, 3000 dollars from him later the bike was all better and he sucked up his new fender cost.
banghead.gif

the other was a patch of black ice, that'll teach me to try to ride to work in december in the pnw.
super.gif

they figured i was doing about 30 mph in a 55 mph zone when i ran the stop sign of a T intersection....while asleep. so no i wasnt speeding.

RIDING ON ROCKS WITH MY GSXR 600 FISH TAILING A LIL
cool.gif
STOPPED MESSING AROUND COMPLETLY AND FOR SOME REASON HIT THE FRONT BRAKE...MAYBE GOING LIKE 3MPH, THE BIKE FELL OVER...SAD DAY MESSED UP SOME PAINT AND KILLED MY PRIDE!!! GOOD THING NO 1 SEEN IT!
beerchug.gif

Speed is always a factor in a collision. Something has to be moving to collide. That movement is measured in a term called speed.

Answer to your question: Yes.

33 years riding now ... Crashed YES.  Rolled slowly away from a stop sign turning left hit sand lowsided watching my mirror glass bouncing along with me. Passed a pickup before a hair pin not enough time to slow down
Got it down to about 3-4 mph and went over a cliff- glad there was a huge manzanita tree 10' down and stopped me..yep speeding. 85 900 ninja like brand new -- came to a strange curve--  intersection..combo decided to make the turn 35 mph hit lot's of sand and lowsided...jacket on the back and very hot--slid on my elbow..OUCH!
Fast forward 20 years without a bail.. 1/4 mile from home stopped looked and saw a ricer car.. this is gonna be fun i'm thinking..turning right very little throttle straight though a patch of sand.. bike almost did a complete 360 and highsided my azz as i  flew azz over teakettle thing WTF is happening..broke two rib's
messed up my Bus abit. ps if want to sell my bike a will first delete this post.  
face7.gif

Also many many close calls... wonder why i am still here.. and turning 57 today.

Back