Crash you were in

Crash you were in - speeding or not? be honest

• I was speeding.

Votes: 103 100.0%

• Total voters
Two lane highway, passing car on left in right lane fog line, rise of the hill ninety degree merging car from right merged side by side with another car, tried to split, hit car on right at 120mph. It was a fine day up until that point.

I wasn't speeding,,, everyone around me was going too slow! :laugh:

Took it to my limits today on a very windy, tight road. I was on the edge of the rear tire I believe and felt so close to washing out but I stayed focused and kept it up. A few minutes later I did my first real hard acceleration and the gas tank hit me right in the gut as the beast lifted that front tire and showed me just what the power of the Busa truly is. I made it home without incident but I definitely gained more respect for the raw power we possess under those plastics!:bowdown:

1-T boned by a Cutlass that turned left into me. Speed not a factor. I was doing 35 mph.
2-Went onto a curve too hot; wound up in ditch. Speed not the reason: target fixated on ditch.
3-irrigation ditch got me riding in a field. Again, speed not a factor.

this is a biased poll. there is no option for NO and no option for no crash either....
so the only clicks you will get will be yes's

I fall off my dirt bike quite often, for various reasons, but it's usually in the slow real tight stuff.

The Busa, not yet.

The last time I came off a road bike was a looong time ago.

Once head on with a cager, she came out behind a truck into the opposite lane, head on before I could even hit the brakes. Helmet wrecked bike totalled, I was fine, couple of bruses.

Then, had a humongous hang over and hit a curb.

Third time, hit a patch of diesel just before a stop sign, and bike slided caught me by suprize.

Since the 80's I have never again been down on a road bike, lucky I guess.

I once hit a big dog crossing the road right in the center of his body at 95mph, and managed to go right over him, not a scratch. First I hit the brakes, but when I knew what would happen next I gave throttle and tried to pull up the front end. The scare was so big, I did not even stop to check on the dog.

Doing about 40mph and a 18year old girl pulled out in my line of path. I hit the side of the car up by the front wheel well.

Not speed -- too slow in a u-turn, when the front wheel caught some gravel --- then too low idle, bike died out of the driveway :whistle:

Well maybe speed was a factor --- I just didn't have enough to stay up! :banghead:

:laugh:

first time was a wheelie gone wrong came down hard and exploded front tire ate s@#t. second time broke the Chane and it lodged in rear wheel . third time i was going through the grass in my front yard and the damn cat ran in front of me so i grabbed the brakes and fell over with my wife , sister in law , father in law and mother in law 10 feet away watching me . even better they didn't even help my pic up my busa damn things heavy

First time I was stopped in traffic and got rearened. (bike totalled.) 2nd time I was cruising about 60 in a 45 and some cager turns left in front of me. Nearly totalled ME.

riding in the winter and i took off from an intersection and misjudged a cars speed. he was probably going 60 in a 35. I got on it and the back came loose, I tried to power out of it but ended up high siding. However i was pretty sidways and had scrubbed most of the forward momentum off. it threw me off to the right and i cought the bike, but the bars pulled my grip from the clutch and the tire spun in the sand causing it to slide over. The whole thing happened very fast and cars just flew by like i wasnt there. luckily i landed on my feet and the bike was dead center of the 4 lane road. The sand and salt made it tricky to get the bike off the plastics and back onto its appropriate pavement mating surface. (tires). damage was very minimal. a few scuffs, and the my shiny new brocks street meg got a small amount of rash on the very end.

Holy old thread. Look at all the banned members :banghead: I missed this one in '08 or made the decision to stay out of it. Speed in one, not in one.

Pulled a wheelie into the back of a parked car..speeding. Misjudged making an off ramp corner...speeding. Blacked out once on the freeway...not really sure if I was speeding...but the bike slid a long way after I let go. Ran into a buddy who tried to avoid a pothole..he zigged..I zagged..not speeding. Tried to tank surf in the parking lot of Texas Motor speedway...45mph in the parking lot was probably speeding. :whistle:

All of these were many years and much experience ago...I no longer attempt to tank surf. :)

I tank surfed one time on my brand new 99 900RR when i was much younger. I had a rock in my shoe... never have done it again.

Dropped my then new 07 ZX-14 SE pulling out into an intersection, riding the clutch and it stalled as I was leaning to turn. $3500 worth of damage. Same bike almost did me in on the way to Vogelweh Kaserne in Germany racing. Powers Stunworkz Race Railz saved my ass up against a guard rail at about 150mph. Skun the side of my left knee up pretty bad, had about 3 layers of skin left. Only damage besides me was the left slider on the race railz. Best $175 ever spent. Without them, I would have been a dead man for sure. If anyone knows of the MC club called Kingz, they were with me when this happend. Thats what happens when you have not ridden in years and buy the badest bike on the floor as your new purchase.

I blame the police more than the speeding, the werent helping my consentration, speeding takes focus. :whistle:

Back