Crash Cage?

Great if you are a) a stunter, b) overtly clumsily, c) purely stoopid, or d) all of the above.

Did you ever notice that some of the most beautiful bikes out there have none of this crazy bolt on protection? They simply mind their peas and ques and ride within their own means.

IMG_14562.jpg

-Robert Kelly's Greenie

Hey Cookie...
I disagree w/ that.
I know bad things even happen to the not-so-stupid people out riding.
That's why we wear helmets and gear also.
:poke:

the cage will also hinder you in the curves if you lean to far it will drag and maybe cause you to crash

Just take it easy, bro and be super mindful. You'll be alright.

You, a tip, when I get off and park out and about,,, place your bike in gear, set you side stand and pull back before you let your clutch lever out to lock in (so to speak) so it won't move. With that a Woodcraft cover and a side-stand mod,, you should be fine.

Moreover, though,, our bikes are individual statements,, if you choose to go with any mod whether you see, read, or personally hear about it one way or the other,, it's your bike. Do what makes YOU happy! :thumbsup:

you can get stuntworkz race railz (if i misspelled that, o well, so do they) and i've heard they don't hinder turning, but still provide more protection than sliders.

You're gonna get mixed answers on this one. If you fall, it'll help. But looks unsightly IMO.

Its your bike, up to you brother:thumbsup:

Thanks, guys. Looks like nobody 'round here is using the cages... a good set of extended sliders may be a reasonable compromise.

Hopefully will have a chance to ride tomorrow after a quick 12 mile run and church... been a rainy day here in FL.

Hey Cookie...
I disagree w/ that.
I know bad things even happen to the not-so-stupid people out riding.
That's why we wear helmets and gear also.
:poke:

That's true, Bro. I stand corrected.
We all want perfect bikes,,, but things happen that we cannot control.
Better safe than sorry. :beerchug:

Something is better than nothing when it comes to protecting your bike. I wouldn't worry to much over a few dollars as my bike fell over while I was assisting a downed rider and cost me over $1400 because I had no protection and subscribed to all the methodologies Cookie described. And I was the guy that always parked in gear and let it role forward against the transmission until I had to park and run for a downed rider and forgot to place in gear when it was pointed down hill. Unless you have a pretty green bike like Cookie and carrie around your front tire chock I would opt for something to minimize damage for when it falls over, and trust me it will fall over.

Back