*Crap* Rear'd' nailed

Sorry about the mishap..i lost a 1k new rear storm to a screw last year. I rode it home (100 mi.) and ordered new before i rode again.

I switched from my beloved Storms to Pirelli Angels this year. I have 5k on them and they just seem to keep me planted on the road better than the Storms. The Angels are my new beloved! $244 + 2.99 (some kind of BS fee) for a Set and they ship them free from Compacc.com.

I picked up 3 nails in my back tire in FL a fewyrs back,,It was a new tire,,,,,,,,,I did ask the dealers opions,,and some said yes and some said no to plugging,,my rideing buddies had done it b4..,,,so as long as its not in the side wall and your not going to do 200,,then a plug is ok,,,I didnt put in an inner patch,which is prefered,,I plugged it,,,,and if anyone on here other than me has plugged a Z rated tire,,,,Man,,,there are so many cords to get the reamer thru,,which made me feel better knowing it would hold,,,,and they[3] did,,,but of course the safest,,is a new tire of course,,,,,,,,,,,BTW,,,I just ordered from derbycycle.net...a michlem pilot power for 110.00 for the rear and 73.00 for the front,,,,,no tax,,,free fedex shipping,,,im haveing them put on tommorow,,,,,,,the pilot tires ride nice and hook up good,,,both tires out the door for 183.00 I also got both front brake pad sets[ebc] for 59.00 for the pair,,,,no tax,,,free shipping ,,,,,,,,,,,sweet,,,look at their website

Last edited:
12k miles to date recorded to start this here new rear. Although i never turn down a good burn-out video, I'm not much on putting the "abuse" (considered by some) on my scoot. Not to mention the man-hours cleaning the rubber off afterward, been there done that...lol
Whilst i had her rear torn down; went ahead and changed the oil, flushed clutch and brake fluids with anew. Can't believe how well she handles and rides. <<must be that clear concious of being plug free.
Preciate everyones input and guidence on my dellima.

Have a few pic's' on me..
:beerchug:

r4.jpg

r3.jpg

r2.jpg

r5.jpg

Back