Nails ... nails ... nails!

Deviousbusa

Registered
Well, my OEM tire picked up a nail so, I replaced it with a Dunlop Q3. This was a month ago, this weekend I went to ride and my rear was flat again. So, my Q3 that had right around 1000 miles on it and still looked new was toast. I ended up getting the Michelin Pilot Road 3, I did not realize the 4 was out until after the tire was already on my bike. I am crossing my fingers that I do not pick up any more nails so we'll see. Initial feel of the Pilot road is good, it holds turns nicely and the harder center is supposed to last a bit longer. Also, I am hoping that the harder middle will not be as keen to pick up debris as the Bridgestone/Q3 were. It is annoying that in a few months time that nails have claimed two new tires!

Wish me luck!

good luck! i went through a spell like that a few years back...it was extremely frustrating and can get expensive quickly...here's to no more flats :beerchug:

Puncture kits are to get you home, not to let you ride out the rest of the life of the tire, at least that's my understanding. Especially on tires capable of the speeds our bikes are able to generate. That's a lot of force on the plug! Would any of you consider a plug kit and riding out the life of the tire?

I have plugged every rear tire I've owned. All the nails were small and the rubber plug worked just fine until a new tire was bought. The last set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's had 15K on them before I changed them out, and the plug held just fine. Plug it, test drive it and see if it holds pressure. Tire are too damn expensive.

You need to watch were you ride. I never hit emergency lanes or areas where sand and debris are. You always pick up a nail wire screw etc. Best of luck.

Yea man you can plug a tire and finish the season no problem. I had Michelin II for last two years and just put on set of Michelin 3 great tires little over 300 bucks. Yes the center compound seems to be better than the original Mich II

Back