Coretech Latigo Air

Gpmo

Registered
I picked up a pair of these boots this morning. $150.00. They were sized correctly and I promptly put 300 miles on the bike. So far they are really comfy and seem like a really good entry level full boot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1312942961.162204.jpg

any draw backs? My icon field armour moon boots are heavy as hell and always looking for a replacement

The heels are a bit narrow for me.. Or maybe it's standard for riding boots. I'm not sure this is my first pair of riding boots

The armor seems good and most is replaceable. They breath really well as the leather sections are perforated. They are flexible bit the stops work correctly.

So i'm back from my first ride with these boots. All and all i am very happy with them. My first ride was 1200 miles to Sturgis Rally and back home. I wore these boots everyday and walked in them around the rally while there. They are definitely not walking shoes and my feet have been sore somewhat in the evenings from all the walking. Since i have no experience with other riding shoes/boots i have nothing really to compare to and figure this is kindof normal.

I found that they breathe very well when riding and kept my feet at a very comfortable temperature. One night riding we were out in 60˚ riding my feet got somewhat chilly but not unmanageable and or really uncomfortable, a thicker pair of socks would have been ok. But i have good tolerances for colder weather.

The materials seem to be decent and no threads are coming undone or popping out. The armor seems to be what I expected and the toe armor is replaceable. I do have a concern for the zipper and feel that this is a week link. Its one of the small plastic zippers. while I had no issues and hope not to but i'm sure a boot smith could fix them up if they blow out. The soles of the boots did not stick really well to the Buell Pegs that are installed on my Busa, but i believe i can file the pegs a bit and fix that. As mentioned above the soles do seem kind of narrow, but maybe this is normal for riding boots in general.

As a side note, i have bad ankles and they blow out easily, but these supported my ankles well enough that there wasn't ever a twist. The style also is nice and they are fairly appealing when it comes to riding boots. Over all i believe that for the $150.00 they are as of now a good purchase and worth the money for an average rider and they would make good weekend warrior boots for the very spirited rider or entry level track rider. There is a reminder set in my phone and i will be doing an update on how well they lasted in 6 months.

Hope this will help someone that may be looking into these and are nervous about them, I know they are the only boots like this with the price points. Here is a link and another picture just in case.

Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

2011-Cortech-Latigo-Air-Road-Race-Boots.jpg

So an update, I have had these boots for about 7 months or so now. They other than being dirty are sill in excellent and mostly new looking shape. I have worn some of the skid plates and bottom rubber a bit. But no threads coming out and no zipper issues. They are close to 5k or more miles on them. They are very comfy in the summer heat wise and not to bad in the winter riding. I would still highly recommend them for a good low cost entry level boot.

Back