Corbin seat

Last edited:
Any 1 try the factory suzuki gel seat yet???? Just got a new 1 from ebay for $120????

I have been using one for about 2 years, and was not impressed but since I spent the money had to keep it. Currently thinking about getting something else.

Any 1 try the factory suzuki gel seat yet???? Just got a new 1 from ebay for $120????

I have the gel seat and don't like it that much. It's hard and taking a while to break in, and a bit too wide under my thigh area. Also it gets HOT in the sun!!

I have a custom made/filled seat with memory foam that's my favorite. I ran across a shop that does these some years back and had one on my '05 so I had to get one for the 08!

I like my corbin. Fabric, color, and pattern choices too.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd really like to hear some real world feedback on those saddleman seats. They are quite reasonable compared to a corbin...

I've had Corbin's before and I have one on my 08 and it's great, they do take some time to break in though. I had the Suzuki Gel first and didn't like it, it was too hard and hot. Lately I've been considering buying a Saddlemen seat. They have a groove up the center that supposedly relives alot of pressure were you don't want it, it looks comfortable.
Here's a link.
Search Results : Saddlemen Motorcycle Seats, Luggage and Accessories, Saddlemen motorcycle seats, luggage and accessories.

Good find, never heard of Saddlemen.com

Anyone with experience on this company?

I decided to have my seat redone by a guy I know, he's put more foam in and the result is pretty good. The backseat was done also. Gen1 seat was perfect for me, I don't know why they changed it.

I decided to have my seat redone by a guy I know, he's put more foam in and the result is pretty good. The backseat was done also. Gen1 seat was perfect for me, I don't know why they changed it.

The gen1 was much better, as it curved up at the front as opposed to running down into the tank on the gen2.
I added some foam to the front on my gen2 Corbin and it's much better.
I'm going to do the same thing to my Kontour seat too.

What about a Sargent seat ? I had a few sargent seats & liked them much more than any other seats I sat on.

busa sargent seat.jpg

I'm surprised nobody else has tried the Saddleman. I bought the Tech model(supposed to be the most comfortable) back in July before I did an IronButt 1000 and love it for any road trips although I prefer the lower Tobin around town. I just did a 4 day trip a week ago to the Dragon to celebrate my 55th birthday and rode 1800 miles in 4 days only stopping twice each time on the 600 mile trip down and back. Paid right around $200 for it and it comes with a matching cover for the passenger seat that's easily installed. I've tried the Suzuki gel seat and it's way too hard for me-even after 1500+ miles of riding. Oh, almost forgot how much you guys like pics, so...

IMG_2252-37.jpg

IMG_2280-64.jpg

IMG_2289-73.jpg

IMG_2291-75.jpg

IMG_2312-95.jpg

IMG_2313-96.jpg

IMG_2342-125.jpg

IMG_2373-156.jpg

IMG_2374-157.jpg

IMG_2398-181.jpg

IMG_2400-183.jpg

IMG_2403-186.jpg

IMG_2406-189.jpg

Jefro, that is a very nice looking Busa. Thanks for your input and pictures of the Saddleman Seat. I am now considering this one and the Russell Day Long seat as a replacement for my Corbin to be used when I am doing long distance runs.

Back