Corbin seat

Hayamaniac

Registered
I just bought a blue 08 Busa and since I rode another 08 two years ago, I already know that I got to do something about the seat.

What do you think about the Corbin seat?

I'm spoiled because I live close to the Corbin factory. I had one custom made, thought it was OK, but after a week of riding, something wasn't quite right. Took it back and they made me a new seat, that turned out to be perfect. If you can't test drive it, how do you know?

Had one on my 08, liked it a lot (see pic below). Currently have a Suzuki gel seat on my '09.....debating which seat I want to keep.

frame plugs.jpg

Last edited:
I love mine. The longest ride I've ever done was 1,144 miles in over 21 hours.

Last edited:
I'm spoiled because I live close to the Corbin factory. I had one custom made, thought it was OK, but after a week of riding, something wasn't quite right. Took it back and they made me a new seat, that turned out to be perfect. If you can't test drive it, how do you know?

I have one on my 05 too. Thought it was to hard so I stopped in a Corbin and they redid the seat. Turns out there wasn't enough foam in it. I have since done the Corbin Seat Comfort Mod and now it's perfect.

Had one on a previous BMW K100RS and had no doubts about getting it for my 08 Busa. They're a little spendy but well worth it.

When I lived in Cali I toured the factory, great group of people and customer service minded.

IMG_0679.jpg

You will have to let it break it first because it will seem like a cinder block under your rear. After that though, it is very nice. I am happy with mine and will probably always have a Corbin seat on my bikes.

I love mine. The longest ride I've ever done was 1,144 miles in over 21 hours.

will be looking at Corbin or New Image, did 1,244 miles in just over 21 hours last summer to the Stampede, but that was on a stock seat. the stock seat is hard and stays that way.

I have Corbins on both my CBR1100xx and my VFR800 and absolutely love them so it seemed like the obvious choice for my busa, but now that I've had one for a while I'm not so sure. I might look at one of the other ones next time, maybe with the extra rear bump pad.

My situation might be being aggregated by the fact that I have raised rear-sets and the corbin is lower than stock so my legs are fairly well compressed. Still my legs are not the thing that get's sore, my a$$ is.

Stay with the stock seat and buy an Airhawk seat. Your ass will love you for it. It may not look great, but if you are a serious mile muncher you will not regret buying one.:thumbsup:

European Trip 097.jpg

Last edited:
You have a link Jasper? Does that thing stay put even during the twisties and ass movement ???

BTW: I would love to ride with you one day sleepless. I've done I think around 750 mi in a day on the stocker and my tail bone, yes my coccyx, was sore for like a month. :laugh:

i have 10 bikes 5 have corbin seat the others i dont ride much i love them ive done many 1000 mile days never had an issue with one

BTW: I would love to ride with you one day sleepless. I've done I think around 750 mi in a day on the stocker and my tail bone, yes my coccyx, was sore for like a month. :laugh:

Anytime!!!:beerchug:

I see what everyone is saying now. I only road about 100 miles today, and my butt was starting to hurt on the way back home. Was getting a lot of unwanted pressure, on the underside. I will be choosing between the Corbin, and "New Image Custom" too.

I'm leaning toward the New Image, because I would like to have the Kanji on the side of the seat.

Okay, I have to ask: Why did you sell the '08 and buy an '09 when they are identical bikes?

dammit, I thought no one was gonna catch that one :banghead: Long story short, I used the insurance money to replace the 08 with an '09. :whistle:

Back