corbin rear seat w/backrest, wife doesn't like it

I'de been looking before I found the stock passenger seat cover above. I'de thought about buying an atv gripper seat cover and using it to cut a template from to recover the passenger seat(I can't find where to buy the material by the roll, attention Blanca Busa search engine services:laugh:).
This would work on the Corbin passenger seat as well. The gripper seat cover in the link is for a Yamaha 350 Warrior (atv, not the streetbike). For those of you that don't know the Warrior has a wide and thick enough seat to have more than enough material to do a Busa passenger seat, stock or otherwise.
For about $30 shipped, plus the cost of having it made if you can't do it yourself. It can be a slip over cover, or the seat itself recovered. The slip over would be easier as Corbin seat covers are pop riveted into the seat pan, as opposed to traditional staples.
I tend to look for simple solutions without spending a fortune, just a thought.

Kinda off topic, I removed my Corbin driver seat cover to shave some foam and cut a groove up the center. It has releived alot of pressure in the wrong places and it's an improvement(I still want the Day Long seat).
Anyway, as mentioned the covers are riveted on. So when I pulled the cover back on, I simply left it that way rather than staple or add more rivets. The cover fits great, can't come off, isn't loose or wrinkled, and is only noticeable if you remove the seat. I didn't want to do that to an expensive seat but I had no other choice. It was definately worth it to Me personally though, I'm very happy with the results. Just a little FYI on the seats in case anyone wanted to know.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BLAC...743423QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Not sure that tribo will fit a corbin. They are much thicker than a stock seat. My wife will not give up her seat or backrest, just need to make it a tad rougher to keep her from sliding into me.

Not sure that tribo will fit a corbin. They are much thicker than a stock seat. My wife will not give up her seat or backrest, just need to make it a tad rougher to keep her from sliding into me.

I'm gonna look for a grip slip-on pad for the corbin. wife loves her seat, just doesnt want to put more effort to hold herself from sliding.

My brother had one for his girlfriend on the back of his ZX-6. A good friend of mine had one for his ZZR-1200. I have seen them work and would not have recommended them if I thought they were crap. They are low profile and you hardly even notice they are there, but they are like tape on your rear when you are sitting there.

FWIW...I've found that when I'm riding 2 up, the more I use the rear brake, the less I feel like I'm giving my passenger a piggy back ride. I hardly ever use the rear brakes when riding solo, but if the road terrain allows for it, using more rear rather than the front keeps her from sliding forward all the time at a stop.

Just a suggestion.

I have the carbon fiber material on my corbin, no difference.. wife still slides.. i'm going to get some grippy stuff to put on the seat.
My wife use to slide into me all the time. I lowered the back of the bike and it is no whereas bad. I think the rake of the bike makes it tough for the passenger.

My wife use to slide into me all the time. I lowered the back of the bike and it is no whereas bad. I think the rake of the bike makes it tough for the passenger.

so u just lowered the rear? How much? Stopped by a custom upholstery shop near me today to talk about having the seat shaved down and such, and he highly recommended i consider lowering the rear about 1.5" and it would greatly help. Just thought it would look weird with just the rear lowered a bit. If your claiming it helped out quite a bit, i might consider it, said they could do it for me tomorrow and should only take about an hour. Could u post some pics up so we can see the difference?

Here is mine before and after. I have lowered the front and the back now. At first I just did the back and it was fine. I lowered it 1.5 I think. 2 weeks ago I raised it back to stock in the rear and when we road every time I hit the break she was all over me. It wore me out and even she ask me what I had changed on the bike to make it do that. The first pic is a pic of it at regular height and the 2nd is one of it lowered. Look at the difference between the tire and finder the notice just how much difference it really is. The 2nd is an old pic and is how low it sits now but you get the idea. It really helped me out and made my wife happy to. I hope this helps

P1000023.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

Does lowering the rear affect overall performance of the suspension at all, or require a shorter kickstand?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Here is mine before and after. I have lowered the front and the back now. At first I just did the back and it was fine. I lowered it 1.5 I think. 2 weeks ago I raised it back to stock in the rear and when we road every time I hit the break she was all over me. It wore me out and even she ask me what I had changed on the bike to make it do that. The first pic is a pic of it at regular height and the 2nd is one of it lowered. Look at the difference between the tire and finder the notice just how much difference it really is. The 2nd is an old pic and is how low it sits now but you get the idea. It really helped me out and made my wife happy to. I hope this helps

In your 2nd pic. Is the front just lowered?

Yes. I had raised the back to see if it would handel any better in the curves. It did but could not put up with her falling on me all the time.
Posted via Mobile Device

FWIW...I've found that when I'm riding 2 up, the more I use the rear brake, the less I feel like I'm giving my passenger a piggy back ride. I hardly ever use the rear brakes when riding solo, but if the road terrain allows for it, using more rear rather than the front keeps her from sliding forward all the time at a stop.

Just a suggestion.

Same here. I use the rear brake with a passenger, but rarely when riding solo. It helps her to stay planted back there.

How much was the seat and backrest? And can u just get the backrest?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back