corbin rear seat w/backrest, wife doesn't like it

hemi

Registered
have had the corbin w/backrest for about a year now. Wife has probably only ridden about 500-600 miles with me since i got the corbin. She doesn't seem too happy with it, says it's uncomfortable and she always feels like she's sliding into me at stops. I try to tell her it needs broken in good for a few thousand miles and it should feel much comfortable, but she hasn't been too impressed with it yet, she does like the feel of the backrest though. My corbin seat took 1k miles or so until it finally broke in, but it is extremely comfortable now, after about 2-3k miles, and gets better each time i ride. I can ride all day with the corbin and not experience any discomfort or pain in my bottom:laugh:

Wife and daughter have mentioned that they slide forward and often re-adjust their positions while out back. It's not to the point where they will turn down rides. The daughter will use her legs to brace herself during stops or slowing, the wife who is a good bit taller cannot do that and uses the grab rail or my back.

You can send it to Corbin and have them change the seat top material to something with more grip. Have you ever seen "gripper" seat covers for dirtbikes and atvs? A material similiar to that, it'll hold you in place.

might check out the gripper stuff, thanks. Thought about sending it to corbin to have them re-upholster it with the carbon fiber leather, which is a bit more grippy, but it's damn near the price of a new seat to have them re-upholster it, ridiculous!!

i think the main problem is she needs to ride with me more, she loves the corbin for a long road trip on the freeway bc she can just lean into the backrest, but in town with all the accelerating and stopping is when she complains

might check out the gripper stuff, thanks. Thought about sending it to corbin to have them re-upholster it with the carbon fiber leather, which is a bit more grippy, but it's damn near the price of a new seat to have them re-upholster it, ridiculous!!

I have the cf top material on my 08 driver seat, and it doesn't have enough grip to stop your wife from sliding forward. I like to be able to slide around and side to side on mine. There's just enough grip to hold me in place if I don't want to move, but I still gradually slip to the front of the seat.
I wouldn't recommend going that route, especially at a ridiculous price.
Buying a cover or having one made with the gripper material would be your best bet if you keep that seat.
Show her the Russell Day Long passenger seat!:laugh: Someone needs to test those too.:laugh:

i think the main problem is she needs to ride with me more, she loves the corbin for a long road trip on the freeway bc she can just lean into the backrest, but in town with all the accelerating and stopping is when she complains

She just needs to adjust her riding/passenger style as my wife and daughter have.
Just because she is on the back doesn't mean she doesn't have to participate...
She is very much part of the 2 up equation!

I have never heard any good things about Corbin on any model bike.

:worthless:

I have one on my 08 and have had them on other bikes. They are great seats and I like them (seats are 100% a personal preference).
I'm just looking for something softner now, as the Corbins are very firm, even after they're broke in.:beerchug:

If sliding is the problem, check these out.

triboseat-hayabusa-2008-tbs-22-387-p[ekm]400x300[ekm].jpg

$21.97 shipped, I just ordered it. I'll let you know how good it works whenever it comes. It's from the UK too, so it may be a week or two, shipping was only $4:laugh:
It also won't fit that Corbin, so a special order would be needed.

TwoTone has one and he just took a long trip with his wife. Hopefully we can some feedback from him? Sorry your wife doesnt like yours. Maybe with time she will.

I have the carbon fiber material on my corbin, no difference.. wife still slides.. i'm going to get some grippy stuff to put on the seat.

She loves the seat and backrest, but she slides around too. I am looking for a solution.

Back