Cops Got Me

Laws are different from state to state. Best thing you can do is not just get an attorney, but to get a good one that handles such things. If you were not issued a citation then you had a criminal charge and need a criminal attorney. They can then work on such things as discovery to see what evidence there is and work on pleas if needed. You could get a copy of the police report to see what the officers have on you.

Aight....heres answering some of the questions i read....i live in Orlando but my parents live in Fairburn, Ga with is 3 exits b4 Newnan(it is cowetta county)...i went to a friends house because they were having a bonfire...like i mention before, i pulled into the Bp...as im getting off the bike, when both of my feet are on the side of the bike i hear and see these two Newnan cop cars with their headlights...as their swerving into the Bp their roof lights come on(i was the only 1 their so i knew it was for me...they get out, tell me to face my bike and put my hands on the bottom part of my back...im arrested and he said why i was in such a hurry...i said what are u talkin about...he repeated what i said and added that i passed them at a high rate of speed...i said i wasnt lookin down cause i was focusing on the road(dont know if me saying that messed me up)...he said aight and told me to sit in the car...as their talking outside i see them pull back on my fairings, im guessing to check the vins(dont know if thats where their at)...as im in the car i hear one of them say," Man, i soon as i saw it was a Hayabusa i was like awww man."...thats when the other 1 said how it would have been a good chase....one of them gets in and i say, "so what now?", he said,your going to jail", i was issued a citation for both reckless driving and no insurance(got insurance so im good with that, didnt have it on me)...thats it...i am getting a lawyer...parents are helping me out

"Update: It looks like we spoke too soon folks. While this bill has passed committee in the Florida House of Representatives, it hasn't yet been voted into law. Let's hope it isn't."

Not a law yet, thank god......

well that would be realy good news , wernt they talkin about jail time and ten year license loss , can carry a handgun in fla buy a handgun at a yard sale ? but dont speed ? I dont get it ?

Good luck whatever you do.
You might want to take a jar of vaseline with you just in case.. at any rate, get a good lawyer

I heard that in Mo. they give you a day for every mile over 100, plus all the rest. OUCH!!!

Or, since they didn't actually chase you INTO the gas station, say you were headed the opposite direction when you pulled in, and someone really flew by going the other direction.
laugh.gif

You might want to have a witness to back up this one.(at their house and just left)

Naw, he screwed up by saying he was looking at the road and not the speedometer. Shouldn't have said sheet.
yeah but still iffy and weird...at night, calibrations of a radar (which I am assuming they used)...back road with lighting, was proper procedure followed to identify and verify not only speeds but the vehicle identity etc etc etc etc....a good lawyer knows this stuff...

He'll also check their story...see if its consistant with reality. You'd be shocked with what people forget and how facts and testimony can vary from the truth after a few weeks if not months. It is his burden (the cop) to present the actual facts. If he strays then yourlawyer should prove his testimony and judgement as unbased and false.

What has not been posted here is something like this:

"We lost another one"

So-and-so, a regular poster here was killed in a single-vehicle accident last night. Police say he must have been travelling at least 100 m.p.h. when his bike left the road. He leaves a grieving mother and father, two small children and a wife. Contributions can be sent to blah-blah-bah.

It would only take a wayward possum to make that a reality. Sign up for a track day if ya mant to go fast my friend... :- )

"We lost another one"

So-and-so, a regular poster here was killed in a single-vehicle accident last night.  Police say he must have been travelling at least 100 m.p.h. when his bike left the road.  He leaves a grieving mother and father, two small children and a wife.  Contributions can be sent to blah-blah-bah.

It would only take a wayward possum to make that a reality.  Sign up for a track day if ya mant to go fast my friend... :- )
so you have a busa that has never gone over 100 mph on a public road?

Not at night on a country road... -L-
funny...day or night I can argue either....

daylight has more visibilty...also has more interaction with fellow motorists, hence 100 mph becomes truly a hazard to general society.

night is the latter, less visibility but also less cars and peopleto harm. Cooler roads, more animal activity etc... however, in the end at night the odds are you will only hurt one person....yourself.

So I would say that a "responsibile" choice would be taking the risks with your own health rather than society's

$1350 for 120 in a 65 i'll take tha tdeal all day long. my nephew got tagged for 86 in a 45 here in Sacramento it cost him $7600 bike impounded for a month
felony on his record for seven years cant have a motorcycle license for seven years either.

"We lost another one"

So-and-so, a regular poster here was killed in a single-vehicle accident last night.  Police say he must have been travelling at least 100 m.p.h. when his bike left the road.  He leaves a grieving mother and father, two small children and a wife.  Contributions can be sent to blah-blah-bah.

It would only take a wayward possum to make that a reality.  Sign up for a track day if ya mant to go fast my friend... :- )
so you have a busa that has never gone over 100 mph on a public road?
I would have to say that 100% of the people here has taken their busa to 100MPH at one point in time on the public roads. That is not to hard to do at all. Especially in Texas where they actually have 80MPH speed limits.

30 over you go to jail.. bike impounded ..definetly get a lawyer.. and good luck friend of mine went threw it and it wasnt pretty..

Get a lawyer.  If he lost site of you, you have a good chance of getting off or at least getting it reduced.  Especially at night they can't be 100% sure you were the one that went speeding by.  I got paced at over 120(that's as fast as there car would go) several years back and didn't even know the cops were behind me until I slowed down and several miles later they pulled me over.  By the time they caught up to me they were pissed beyond belief.  They practically made me get off my bike and get on the ground until I took my helmet off and they realized I wasn't a young kid.  I asked them if they had maintained sight of me.  They looked shocked.  I knew the law.  They offered me a 65 in a 55 if I wouldn't fight it in court. I took it because a lawyer would have cost me more than the ticket. They knew it was me but they knew they couldn't prove it.

$1350 for 120 in a 65 i'll take tha tdeal all day long. my nephew got tagged for 86 in a 45 here in Sacramento it cost him $7600 bike impounded for a month
felony on his record for seven years cant have a motorcycle license for seven years either.
WOW!   I got nailed for 105 in a 55 it cost me $750   the judge told me it was not a jailable offence and would i like to make payments   this was in El Dorado county though im wondering if its different from county to county as well    there must be more to the story
pillepalle.gif

get a lawyer and get some work done on it, its gonna cost you about 2500 for the attorny but its worth it cause your insurance over the next few years for that charge is gonna be alot more than that, on top of the fine, I got 144 in a 55 and it was 2300 dollar fine, i got a lawyer got it reduced by half and changed to a charge that didnt go on your driving record...

lawyer highly recommended!

Well, you could say that somebody was trying to run you off the road a few miles back, and you were trying to get away?
haha...
rofl.gif
...thats what u wanted 2 say earlier?
No, I usually give sound advice of "go find the DA and beg for your balls not to be cut off", but I get yelled at for "giving in to The Man" and stuff.  
sadnews.gif

So, just lie and hope they believe it. Tell 'em you are Ghost Rider, and can't be contained. You were chasing evil spirits, in order to collect them, because you sold your soul to the devil to save your father, who died in a motorcycle stunt the same day.

Hey, it worked for Nicolas Cage.

But yeah, if they lost sight of you, and don't have any video identifying you or your bike, you can just say it wasn't you.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
lmao

rofl.gif

rofl.gif

Dear Friends

Y'all keep recommending hiring an attorney. Y'all must know of some attorneys who don't charge an arm and a leg. My attorney's minimum retainer is US$3500.

Ricardo, I wish you a lot of luck.

I don't believe Georgia will be as bad on you as Florida or Virginia would have been.

--Jaddie
Most traffic attourneys will quote an upfont cost for the ticket details. Mine starts at $350 and goes up based on the charges. It can get pretty spendy, but it's still cheaper in the long run.

Back