Cops Got Me

Lalo86

Registered
A couple of questions, but first some information...i was charged with wreckless driving and no proof of insurance(got insurance so thats not a problem)...i was coming back from a friends house on friday night(Newnan, Georgia) it was about 2 in the morning and i was goin thru these back roads headin to the interstate...i was going pretty fast but and i was the only 1 on the road...as im about to get on the interstate i noticed i needed gas so i stop at the BP right b4 the entrance...as im gettin of the Busa this cop car comes swerving into the gas station followed by another 1 like 2 seconds later...pretty much i get arrested and the bike gets inpounded...i apparently passed them on those back roads...i didnt see anyone so i just kept going...my charge is for 120 in a 55...question is, how much is this ticket gona run me, just off the top of yall heads is fine....

not sure down there, but up here I believe it's $10 for the first 10 mph over and then $10 each mph over speed limit. So I believe that would be $650 up here

Reckless Driving can be a lot of trouble.

Go hire a lawyer, it is a criminal offense and you are lucky it's not after Oct 1, 08 in your state

Nasty new law

I would go to court and ask it to be waived if you take a defensive driving class. i had to do that 2x when i was a teen. i had a lawyer though. but i got no ticket and no pts. on record

Yeah it sucks...im only 21 and this is my 1st major ticket...ive had like failure to yield and tint tickets 4 my cars but nothin like this

i know 120 in a 65mph in ca is $1350
argue.gif

Get a lawyer. The previous failure to yeild, was that towards a cop or towards a yeild sign. If towards a cop, this will be your 2nd offense for running. Get a lawyer.

If the fines are gonna be more than $500 get a good & recommended traffic atty, it's amazing what they can do.

My cousin got clocked at 122 last summer, didnt know he was being chased either, he stopped 15 miles down the road, cop lit him up, impound and jail. He was charged with eluding as well . He lost his license for a year, even after $4000 in attorneys fees. But he was looking at a year in jail. This is in Va. Good luck

I almost went to jail for careless driving and exhibition driving if I didn't choose to go to driver improvement class. So in your case get a lawyer.

Get a lawyer.  The previous failure to yeild, was that towards a cop or towards a yeild sign.  If towards a cop, this will be your 2nd offense for running.  Get a lawyer.
It was actually for doing a rolling stop in my impala...i didnt do a complete stop...oh and i wasnt charged for eluding, just the wreckless charge...so i guess i better lawyer up then...

Get a lawyer.  The previous failure to yeild, was that towards a cop or towards a yeild sign.  If towards a cop, this will be your 2nd offense for running.  Get a lawyer.
It was actually for doing a rolling stop in my impala...i didnt do a complete stop...oh and i wasnt charged for eluding, just the wreckless charge...so i guess i better lawyer up then...
That's good it was not eluding, a 2nd offense would not look good to a judge.

Depending on how they clocked you, if they lost sight of you, etc... A Lawyer might work wonders for you.

Hopefully you didn't give them any statements...

A couple of questions, but first some information...i was charged with wreckless driving and no proof of insurance(got insurance so thats not a problem)...i was coming back from a friends house on friday night(Newnan, Georgia) it was about 2 in the morning and i was goin thru these back roads headin to the interstate...i was going pretty fast but and i was the only 1 on the road...as im about to get on the interstate i noticed i needed gas so i stop at the BP right b4 the entrance...as im gettin of the Busa this cop car comes swerving into the gas station followed by another 1 like 2 seconds later...pretty much i get arrested and the bike gets inpounded...i apparently passed them on those back roads...i didnt see anyone so i just kept going...my charge is for 120 in a 55...question is, how much is this ticket gona run me, just off the top of yall heads is fine....
First of all this is wreckless driving.
120mph at night, Back roads, 2am. Do you know what kinda people are out at 2am? Drunks and Cops. Not to mention they can hear a motorcycle running hard (120mph) from a long way.
You don't have much of a leg to stand on. You need to beg for mercy. 120mph is wreckless in most places in the daytime. With the increased attention all the squids have given sportbikes it does not look good for you. Judges and DA's watch youtube. They have been waiting for you.
You may have to pay the tab on this round.
If you find an attorney, he or she needs to have a very close relationship with the DA.
Try to get the wreckless reduced to the speed.
Wreckless will probably always be on your driving record. It depends on your states coding regulations. Serious violations or repeat offenders never have their record cleared.
You may have to offer to sell the bike.
Do community service, something to show you made a very bad choice and it will not happen again.

Good luck

That's good it was not eluding, a 2nd offense would not look good to a judge.

Depending on how they clocked you, if they lost sight of you, etc...  A Lawyer might work wonders for you.

Hopefully you didn't give them any statements...
I didnt say anything 2 them cause they were saying stupid s*** like, "i kinda wish he would have ran, it would have been a good chase"...the lady that booked me said their the youngest cops in the area...they looked around my age...

Back