Cops Got Me

firedevil.gif
i think your screwed its going to cost you as much as a new bike just to get away from all this so its time to sell the bike for Parts to the org family that will be here to support you on this long haul so you can pay for the lawyer J/K i do wish you the best of luck though its going to be a bit*h
beerchug.gif

First question were you araign'ed or however its spelled. If you were charged criminally you have to be arainged before a judge and bail set wether it be ROR (Released on own recognisis) Or a monatery amount. IF not i dont beleive it will be criminal . Did they physically place you under arrest and miranda right you? Yah it may or may not be criminal but the thing here to try and get rid of like everyone is suggesting is have them try and drop it to a speeding offense Most cops if u brown nose them will drop it down tell them you drive for a livign and it was a lapse in judgment you just had your bike fixed and you got carried away. Basically kiss some ass and usually they will drop it i was clicked at 105 one time on the busa. And the jude made me do a safe driving class etc and dropped it to 10 over posted 65 limit small fine oh and no points and A very stern waring as to what will happen if it happends again . Take everyones advice get a lawyer and kiss alot of ass. Cops names should be on paer work have a few dozen donuts sent to the police station under there name lol.. Just kidding on last part.

Ps- i think i got lucky cause my cop had a busa too and hes like i know it gets away from yah sometime you dont realize how fast blah blah im like yah uh huh aggreeing to everything he was saying and always remember they have the final say. So like i said brown nosing never hurt anyone in this situation.

A couple of questions, but first some information...i was charged with wreckless driving and no proof of insurance(got insurance so thats not a problem)...i was coming back from a friends house on friday night(Newnan, Georgia) it was about 2 in the morning and i was goin thru these back roads headin to the interstate...i was going pretty fast but and i was the only 1 on the road...as im about to get on the interstate i noticed i needed gas so i stop at the BP right b4 the entrance...as im gettin of the Busa this cop car comes swerving into the gas station followed by another 1 like 2 seconds later...pretty much i get arrested and the bike gets inpounded...i apparently passed them on those back roads...i didnt see anyone so i just kept going...my charge is for 120 in a 55...question is, how much is this ticket gona run me, just off the top of yall heads is fine....
did you ever think this thread could appear in court?
It might be a landmark case.
you could be on the Today show.
Some ACLU lawyer would come running to defend you.
Think of the fame and especially the $$$ from the book deal.
Maybe a movie in a few years.
Toys R us will carry the action figures.
A little sportbike hanging from a tow truck.  

keep a sense of humor even though it is a tough time.
You could be in an ICU unit or dead.
as long as you are healthy, you can still ride and enjoy life.
Steve, your are crackin me up!

Get a lawyer and take a defensive driving class before you go to court. I got a 117 in a 55 a few years ago in Atlanta at 11:30 pm. I didn't get arrested but I did get tickets for speeding and reckless driving. They dropped the reckless and the ticket cost me $550 and the lawyer was $600.
Good luck

It will cost you your left nut and 2 inches off your manhood..

Ok, all joking aside. reckless driving is pretty serious. spend the money on a good lawyer, from what I have heard, usually a good lawyer can get the reckless driving charge dropped by accepting a lower infraction.

"might" cost more money upfront, but in the end considering higher insurance rates and the fines and everything else, a good lawyer will probably be worth it in the long run

Dear Friends

Y'all keep recommending hiring an attorney. Y'all must know of some attorneys who don't charge an arm and a leg. My attorney's minimum retainer is US$3500.

Ricardo, I wish you a lot of luck.

I don't believe Georgia will be as bad on you as Florida or Virginia would have been.

--Jaddie

Ouch man you got some hater cops, lawyer is the best ideal for you. I got pulled over going 125 in a 65 a month ago and the cop was pretty cool with me, actually thanked me for stopping. Ended up talking to him about bikes for half an hour and he dropped it down to 84 in a 65 so I could take the 8 hour class =/

Man this suxs I do not give advice for this kind of stuff because laws are different from state to state but I might just go talk to a lawyer to see what they say.

Double the Speed Limit here in Nova Scotia is,

automatic Danergous Driving and 4 points, $475.00
and a stern talking to.

Hire a lawyer.  Mine made my alleged wreckless charge vanish into thin air.  Mine was during the day and the cop never lost sight.  If you are representing the situation accurately, you should walk away without anything.

my advice...seek out a traffic lawyer and do not voice anymore of the situation anywhere. Maybe if the cops lost sight of you and you said nothing there is some grounds to stand on. If you somehow admitted your speed etc etc etc...you might be screwed. Ask the local biker crowd who has used what lawyer and the outcome. Some lawyers have a good relationship with the cops and can have the fines rewritten to a lower offense or they can recommend traffic schools, they know ways around the situation etc etc etc...

I highly doubt we are getting the entire story in one short paragraph nor should we. Find a lawyer and best of luck.

welcome to the club....I got popped for 168 in a 35 in 2002 and kept my license. Got the crap beat out of me and paid a couple hundred in fines but no jail time and no lost or suspension of license...

I dont know how the law reads in GA, but here in Fl in order to have a reckless driving charge there are a few requirments.

MOTOR VEHICLES Chapter 316
STATE UNIFORM TRAFFIC CONTROL View Entire Chapter

316.192 Reckless driving.--

(1)(a) Any person who drives any vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of reckless driving.

(b) Fleeing a law enforcement officer in a motor vehicle is reckless driving per se.

Here in Florida, many reckless driving cases have been thrown out. You cannot be charged with reckless driving for speed alone. A lot of LEO's arrest on it, then lose the case. The only problem with that is you took the ride, bailed out, and had to pay to get your bike out of impound. I would get a lawyer. Since they lost sight of you, probably cant positively id you, and just say you saw a bike fly by the gas station. It really sounds like a weak case to me, here in Fl it would be, but up there who knows...Good luck!

You need to find an attorney who specializes in traffic violations. Don't wait, since time is ticking away.

Find the number of your local Bar Association, and tell them that you need a few recommendations for that type of an attorney. Also, you might want to ask some close friends (who won't talk about it) if they can recommend someone.

in Ny youd get 11 points , suspended license for a min of 30 days , court fee, 75$ fine 500-700 dollars, then DMV will hit you up for a driver assesment fee either 250 a year for three years or you could just pay the 750 up front and be done , but then after your 30 day min suspention there is a dmv license reinstatement fee another 50 dollars

Get a Good lawyer , youll probably spend a grand , but atleast you wont have to walk on egg shells for the next few years

also thought i read a post on here about florida taking viecles for reckless driving , like you cant get them back ?

either way it cant hurt to at least talk to a few attorneys one way or the other you are going to pay sombody, good luck

oh yeah dont ask how i know about ny stuff . 130 in a 55

Back