Coolant

USARMY

Registered
Quick question folks.. I changed the coolant and filled the radiator with engine ice. Do I now need too add some to the over flow bottle?

Have you burped it, and taken it through a few heat cycles to get all the air out ?

to burp it, you get it hot enough for the thermostat to open, then shut it down, the air will naturally work its way out. it takes a few heat cycles to get all the air out.

Carefully, very carefully lean the big girl right to left a few times. Open the radiator and fill if needed. Repeat the process until it's full. Running and let it cool off a few times checking the level. Then fill the overflow to the proper level.

Ok cool I was also out riding it around a bit too get it nice and warm. So I guess that took care of rocking it a bit. Now I guess I'll add to the overflow.. Thanks Guys

If you go riding and the bike starts running hot, take her home and burp the big girl :thumbsup:

I had the engine ice in it before I went to Suzuki too get another half gallon. Temperature stayed at mid-range. Now since I've filled the radiator it gets just over midranger and the fan kicks on too bring it back down. I'll go out now and let it heat up and afterwards I'll fill the overflow.. Thanks dadofthree and ogre.. Its nice out here in Colorado riding season is here... :thumbsup:

question is did you empty old stuff out the overflow bottle, before running it after filling radiator with engine ice?

While we're on the process interigation topic. Did you flush the system with Distilled Water before making the conversion over to EngineIce?...
And where you wearing blue slippers?
:laugh:

Back