Coolant

USARMY

Registered
What's really going on folks?

My question is other than drainning the coolant, is there anything special I need too do? I'm replacing the old stuff with engine ice.

If it were me ( and knowing nothing about you or your bike), I would take a little extra time and flush the system... It isn't hard and I have always been glad that I did.

Just make sure with engine ice that your bike never goes below freezing.

You are thinking of Water Wetter (pink). Engine Ice (blue) is good down to -26F.

Just make sure with engine ice that your bike never goes below freezing.

Empty the coolant and fill it with distilled water. Run the bike to get it hot and do that until it is all clear. (Maybe 2 or 3 times.) Then fill with engine ice and run a couple of times to purge all the air.

Thanks, everyone for the response.. Big E, the engine ice is good too -26F so I think I'm good. MC Mustang, boy I miss Florida wich I could get back. Maybe when I retire I'll either move back home to Jville or Gulf Breeze Proper.. So looks like I'll be flushing the system with distilled water. Thanks Again Folks! You guys should come here to Denver,when it warms up and hit some of the curves in the moutain pass's. :laugh:

Dueces

Back