Coolant leak & Engine noise

lrebusa19

Registered
So I put a good couple hundred miles on my bike over the weekend since my mods.. Just up 2 in rear, short stacks, new tires, and welded clutch mod. Today I noticed a white streak down my right side fender, it turned out to be dried up coolant. Rode it again tonight and it happened again. Temp never goes over the half way point, I can hear the fan come on. I've not touched the cooling system at all yet, only looked at it to make sure it was full(which is was).. Any ideas before I go ripping it back apart?

Also, it seems to make some noise when I pull the clutch in coming up to a stop light. Almost like a rattle, sounds like something is rolling around.. I had my buddy who's owned many Busas' ride it and he said it was fine, but it just seems weird to me.
I just don't want to have to pull the motor apart.....yet.....

There is a hose on that right side that might have a leak one over flow and a big hose..it might have a pin hole in it or the cap might be leaking fluid...seems it might be leaking under pressure..or bad news rad might have a pin hole..id check the hoses first..as for the clutch i dont know much about that..

My clutch (stock with 32,000 miles on it) sounds noisy when due an oil change..... as for the coolant, I would take the cap off (when cold), give it a clean up and see if the problem persists

i would set it on kickstand and take clutch cover off and make sure ur bolts are tight, just me ive had a bolt come loose and cost about 1000 to fix everything with some used parts

I plan on doing that before I race this weekend. It's really an odd sound, and I just can't put my finger on it yet.

Back