engine noise

budda

Registered
ok here it is i got a k6 with 1500 about a month old there is a noise when it has warmed up some times louder than others it almost sounds like a chain slaping around.i did the break in just like book says . i put 400miles on it the first day changing the speed and load. and did the oil change at 500miles i put 20/50 sin/blend is this normal. you can here it best if you sit at a light and bump up to 2000 or so rpms just sounds realy loose
pissed.gif

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
Know what.... it could be your keys rattling! I'm not being a smartass, either. Check to see when riding...

heavybusa

Just another guy
Donating Member
Registered
I need a better description of the noise. "chain slapping around" is a tough one.

What mods do you have? Did you get it from a dealer?

Oh and Post a pic.

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Just curious
rock.gif
But why did you go with the synthetic blend when its still getting broke in? A no no in my book. But then again i can't seem to find any reason to run it after either. If you keep it in there don't baby it! Hearing a ticking, slap, noise, after it's at operating temp isn't rite. But dealing with the stealer is such a waist of time! You will probably have to cover it with a nice sounding exh sys
rock.gif
Get it documented 4 sure. And ride!
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

budda

Registered
yes i got it from a dealer my father new in fairbanks for $9000
no miles on it. also no mods i guess thi best way to discribe it is like a rod or cam rattling around.and yep i never ride with more than one key in the ign. thanks any way.

budda

Registered
thats it i took it in. after i changed the oil and filter 10/40 noise still there. checked the one at the dealer first. he was upset with me cuz i let him do his sells pitch, i could not help it, i let him do the whole spill down to we can do a quick check to see.and then I told him i had one out side,
crazy.gif
and i was just listing to see if they have the same sounds as i hear on mine, hee hee
biggrin.gif
so he says how come you let me go on then. i said well i wanted to see if you sounded like the other sales guy. he stops for second and says do i? i said do you what. he says. sound like the other guy. i said nope difr ent sound same noise. so this guy lookin at the bikes just starts laughing out loud. i tell the sales guy my problem and he says well your warnty is void cuz you didnt let a dealer do the service on it.
so i left i found out what i need to
zzwhip.gif
. (not the same) and then took it to my dealer and said fix it please, they said no problem its coverd under warnty
biggrin.gif
LOL

biggrin.gif

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youngwerth