engine noise

budda

Registered
ok here it is i got a k6 with 1500 about a month old there is a noise when it has warmed up some times louder than others it almost sounds like a chain slaping around.i did the break in just like book says . i put 400miles on it the first day changing the speed and load. and did the oil change at 500miles i put 20/50 sin/blend is this normal. you can here it best if you sit at a light and bump up to 2000 or so rpms just sounds realy loose
pissed.gif

Know what.... it could be your keys rattling! I'm not being a smartass, either. Check to see when riding...

I need a better description of the noise. "chain slapping around" is a tough one.

What mods do you have? Did you get it from a dealer?

Oh and Post a pic.

Just curious
rock.gif
But why did you go with the synthetic blend when its still getting broke in? A no no in my book. But then again i can't seem to find any reason to run it after either. If you keep it in there don't baby it! Hearing a ticking, slap, noise, after it's at operating temp isn't rite. But dealing with the stealer is such a waist of time! You will probably have to cover it with a nice sounding exh sys
rock.gif
Get it documented 4 sure. And ride!
beerchug.gif

rock.gif

yes i got it from a dealer my father new in fairbanks for $9000
no miles on it. also no mods i guess thi best way to discribe it is like a rod or cam rattling around.and yep i never ride with more than one key in the ign. thanks any way.

thats it i took it in. after i changed the oil and filter 10/40 noise still there. checked the one at the dealer first. he was upset with me cuz i let him do his sells pitch, i could not help it, i let him do the whole spill down to we can do a quick check to see.and then I told him i had one out side,
crazy.gif
and i was just listing to see if they have the same sounds as i hear on mine, hee hee
biggrin.gif
so he says how come you let me go on then. i said well i wanted to see if you sounded like the other sales guy. he stops for second and says do i? i said do you what. he says. sound like the other guy. i said nope difr ent sound same noise. so this guy lookin at the bikes just starts laughing out loud. i tell the sales guy my problem and he says well your warnty is void cuz you didnt let a dealer do the service on it.
so i left i found out what i need to
zzwhip.gif
. (not the same) and then took it to my dealer and said fix it please, they said no problem its coverd under warnty
biggrin.gif
LOL

biggrin.gif

Back