Converting 07 to 08

TGOOD

Registered
I'm looking to buy a Hayabusa in Georgia and I have found a bike I like. The guy told me that he bought it new in 2007 and converted it to a 2008. Is that possible? Everything says 2008 on the bike; ( fairings, tail, speedometer, etc) What do yall think?

07-08 Busa.jpg

busa 3.jpg

busa.jpg

busa2.jpg

3Mb3Jf3H65Ic5G45J1d2ab7fef7f1b3641e05.jpg

Its doable, not cost effective though. Id say its at least $4k to do it, at that point, you could buy a new 08 for a used 07 back in 07/08. Do you have the 3 mode elector switch on the handle bar?

Did he say why he did it and not just buy an 08?

It also makes me think one or the other may have been stolen and this was the easiest way to get a the best parts on a legal frame or something along those lines.

Ether that, or it was wrecked:whistle:
Its doable, not cost effective though. Id say its at least $4k to do it, at that point, you could buy a new 08 for a used 07 back in 07/08. Do you have the 3 mode elector switch on the handle bar?

Did he say why he did it and not just buy an 08?

It also makes me think one or the other may have been stolen and this was the easiest way to get a the best parts on a legal frame or something along those lines.

So he swapped in a 2008 engine and everything? Not with a 10 foot pole, I wouldn't touch that. There are too many clean Gen II bikes out there for great prices to take a chance on something like that.

And why would someone get custom paint, then put the factory warning stickers back on it? That's really odd.

It might LOOK like an O8, but it's got 07 internals which makes it a different bike. DON'T DO IT....

From what I can tell, it appears to be an 08. It looks to have the Mode Switch on the handle bars, the rear sets look like Gen II. He must of went to a lot of trouble to switch all that stuff

Last edited:
This is dumb. Why would anyone do this? Looks to me like an 08 but there is no real feasable cost effective way to change a Gen I to a Gen II. Why would you go through all that trouble. And if he did, why? Don't do it.

This is dumb. Why would anyone do this? Looks to me like an 08 but there is no real feasable cost effective way to change a Gen I to a Gen II. Why would you go through all that trouble. And if he did, why? Don't do it.

It's probably like plastic surgery addiction... Just like you want to change your tail out to a Gen II. Once you get that done, then you may say to yourself, hmmmm... kind of looks funny, I need to get Gen II front plastics, and so it goes until, one day, you've got a 07/08 sitting in your garage...:laugh:

Run forrest , run ........ Either the guy bought an '08 in '07, wrecked, or worse stolen. Something just yells run :dunno:

Beautiful bike, I'd have have an expert look at the numbers on the frame an engine knowing the history that you know about the bike. You know what I mean by expert :poke: someone who can run the confidential s :whistle: Better safe than sorry.

But it is a sharp looking bike:thumbsup:

Back