Constant Challengers

If you want pretty and a fast bike for little money...The Busa is killer. I just march to a different drum. But fast I am, beautiful in a machine sense, but you better have deep pockets.

Hello,
I am new to not only this forum but also the Hayabusa. My interest has been peeked by feeling the need for another bike. I currently am riding a K1200RS 2004 BMW (130 hp, top speed 157 mph, cruise control, heated grips, ABSII, shaft drive, 65 mph in first gear before red line, 6 speed, so it has lots of legs lol) . Just made a trip to Alaska and back from Arkansas last June and am heading back next June. (a little over 10K miles in 21 days) This is my first BMW and I have zero complaints in performance, ride or maintenance on it. I bought a year ago last May and have put about 25K miles on it with nothing but gas, oil changes and two sets of tires.
So why am I here? I am looking for an extra adrenaline rush.... I have read about the 200 hp STAR VMAX and it just seems like raw power on a rail but not fun to hit the twistys. I have talked with several of my BMW friends that have went from their K1200RS to the newer models up to and including the K1300 and they still have a desire to own another K1200RS. So BMW is not in the running for me at this time. Plus the $20k plus price tag is way over my alloance...lol.
Any advice, hints, suggestions would be very welcome.:bowdown:

take
care
an ole man
dbarnes180's Photos- powered by SmugMug
Honda 50, Honda Super 90, Honda CB 160, Honda CB 450, Yamaha Virago 1100 1988 till 2000, Honda Shadow Spirit 750, BMW K1200 RS 2004 till present.

Last edited:
riding a busa is like pulling in to dairy qween with a 69 ss camaro. some body mite show up withsomthing faster,but nothing carrys the same mystique and never will. people that dont even ride know about the busa.

The ultimate poseur bike. :thumbsup:

Both the BMW and the Duc Appear to be great bikes. They are as noted above very price and after market part are few and far between and incredibly pricey. Then there is the little issue of maintenance costs. Honestly for the cost difference of the first full maintenance $ service cost you can tweak a busa enough to eliminate any performance difference.
The other thing I remember is that when I was looking for Luxury touring bike .. everyone said .. "This is better than a the Goldwing" You aim at the standard The Hayabusa is the standard. (BTW We have 2 Goldwings)

"Oh-wah"........"everyone" wants to build their own version of a Hayabusa...... :oldcool:

I'm sure we will see and hear about other killers to come. Bottom line, for the price and the power, we are unstoppable. Give me 10k in mods or basic changes, and there will not be any of this talk. Well Kaw always tries it, Honda is now trying it, BMW think they have it, Ducati broke the bank to do it, so I guess we'll sit and wait for Candy YAMahas next.

Last edited:
my harley buddies are always givin me guff about my busa. i tell them when harley makes an honest 200hp bike and sells it for 10k, i will own one....until then, my busa IS the POWER KING! a total exercise in restraint every time i ride. with great power comes great responsibility! us and spider man..:cheerleader:

Who races a Busa in stock form anyway. Bored,stroked,head/cam packages,lowered, stretched out, de-raked, airshifter,under cut tranny and NOS or turbo. Now.. do that with this badass BMW:rofl: you'll need to own an oil rig ???:laugh:

What makes the Busa the bike of choice is the abundance of affordable aftermarket parts. Suzuki will always be on top because of this. :beerchug::cheerleader::bowdown::cheerleader::beerchug::whistle:

my harley buddies are always givin me guff about my busa. i tell them when harley makes an honest 200hp bike and sells it for 10k, i will own one....until then, my busa IS the POWER KING! a total exercise in restraint every time i ride. with great power comes great responsibility! us and spider man..:cheerleader:

I didn't know that Busa increased their stock hp numbers .........must have missed that press release? :whistle:

I bet there will be a bunch of guys/gals trading up to that new model now! :rofl:

WOW! 200hp right from the factory!

I mite be opening a whole new can of worms here but .. I never trust the opinions of those magazines anyway. Yes the tested output figures cant be denied but the rating on their opinion of the suspension eg: 9/10 is their opinion that could be swayed by ... donations. When the busa came out it was the best thing ever (which it is, in my opinion) but its all bout sales. I have always suspected BMW or whoever throws them enuf cash they give it a rave review. When next years BMW comes out it will be way better than the old one, not bc of technology, but just bc that is what they are trying to sell you this year !! ... its all about sales

WOW !!! didn't they talk up the 09' R1, I haven't heard anyone outside of a magazine say much good about them !!

...So why am I here? I am looking for an extra adrenaline rush.... I have read about the 200 hp STAR VMAX and it just seems like raw power on a rail but not fun to hit the twistys. I have talked with several of my BMW friends that have went from their K1200RS to the newer models up to and including the K1300 and they still have a desire to own another K1200RS. So BMW is not in the running for me at this time. Plus the $20k plus price tag is way over my alloance...lol.
Any advice, hints, suggestions would be very welcome.:bowdown:

If you want something to get the adrenaline flowing without breaking the bank check out a liter bike. From my experience they don't pull as hard on the top end as a busa but the lighter weight and shorter wheel base we'll definitely get your blood pumping. If you want a little more speed with stability get a hyperbike(busa/14).

... and welcome to the org!

Big motor, arguably the best stock suspension in the business..yeah I think it definitely is a contender. Remember it will take less skill to turn a K1300S than a Busa. It will probably match the straight line speed in a roll off but probably will handle better in the stock version. My friend has a K1200GT and it is even on top end and better through the corners. Just sayin' no hate mail please. Wardie

The real cool thing about the Hayabusa which magazines fail to mention is the versatility of the engine and the scope for tuning, not to mention all the aftermarket parts that are available. Can you customize and tune the BMW to the extent of he Hayabusa? I think not.

I didn't know that Busa increased their stock hp numbers .........must have missed that press release? :whistle:

I bet there will be a bunch of guys/gals trading up to that new model now! :rofl:

WOW! 200hp right from the factory!

I don't know if you were joking or not but 2008 and up are rated at 197hp from the factory. I figured anyone on the busa forum knew that.

Back