Busa beater article

Higgs

Registered
Does anyone remember the article that came out last spring in Cycle World I believe. On the front page it read Busa beater and it was a BMW. Has anyone read anything about the alleged Busa beating beemer since then?

Yes. This month's SPORT RIDER did a big spread on it - rode it, dynoed it, everything they usually do

At the very end of the article, they mention a test of the big 3 coming soon: Busa, 12R, BMW!! should be grat

rock.gif
Did the beemer beat the busa... na na... I dont think so
biggrin.gif

Road Racing World did a write up and at the end they also said a super nice ride but not a Busa beater by no means..

Thanks. I didn't think the beemer would beat the busa. I want to read about it and ride one when they come out. I had the k1200rs and it doesn't even compare to the busa's power. Love the busa.

<-- ran a " busabeater " .. beat a "busabeater" ..the "dewd" pulled up to a lite next to me..bout a mile ..farther down the road.. and I asked him .. " Hey !!! did your hand slip off the Throttle " ? ......ok.. so I dont make a lot of new freinds this way ..
laugh.gif
smile.gif

<-- ran a " busabeater " .. beat a "busabeater" ..the "dewd" pulled up to a lite next to me..bout  a mile ..farther down the  road.. and I asked him .. " Hey !!! did your hand slip off the Throttle " ?   ......ok..  so I dont make a lot of new freinds this way ..  
laugh.gif

smile.gif
Wait a second...which busabeater??? ZX-12 or a beemer?? If beemer, which one?? Or was it a Blackbird??

Spent a lot of time on the new K1200S. Sure, it will eat Busa's in the corners and on the brakes...but never touch in the straights, and thats what the Busa is ALL about right?

beerchug.gif

I wonder if the new beemers torque is more than the busa. That's it - I'm headed out to get the sport rider mag this am. Of course on the busa.
smile.gif
My k1200rs didn't seem to handle as good as my busa. The bike sits kind of high and is about the same weight as the busa. I did like the heated grips for fall riding in New England.

I wonder if the new beemers torque is more than the busa. That's it - I'm headed out to get the sport rider mag this am. Of course on the busa.
smile.gif
My k1200rs didn't seem to handle as good as my busa. The bike sits kind of high and is about the same weight as the busa. I did like the heated grips for fall riding in New England.
The Busa not only makes a bit more TQ, but it occurs way down lower than the K, which is why the Busa will absolutely murder the BM from the start. This is what I found while driving the BM. Power delivery is much smoother on the BM but it will also never even get into the 10's in the 1/4. There is still no match for the Busa's awesome pull from 2500 up. It's a freakin' TQ monster! (My ZX10R will 1/4 at close to the same times as the Busa, but needs to launch at RPM's that only the best racers can achive without killing themselves on launch! I think it will do high 9's or very low 10's in the 1/4 but doesn't have the freight train pull of the Busa at lower RPM, obviously). The K's will eat Busa's in the handling, cornering and braking department! They corner like liter bikes, which, if you try this on any Busa, you will likely kill yourself. (Must be something seriously wrong with your K if you say it didn't handle as well as the Busa). I love my Busa and just for that awesome torque rush alone, I would never sell it (except for a newer one of course). So, in one sense, it is a Busa eater, but in the real sense, which I think is what the mags refer to, it is most certainly NOT!

Thanks for the article 1127!! No busa beater there.
smile.gif
Do you have a nissan 350z? I think I've seen your post logo on a z site before?

18k to 11k pricetag.......How about that comparison? Add 7k in mods to the busa and do a re-test.....How close would they be? I doubt they'd even have them in the same mag much less the same comparison article.

Read something in latest issue of Cycle World about new Kawasaki ZZR1300 with possible 190 hp.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|motorkar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122480414 -->

18k to 11k pricetag.......How about that comparison? Add 7k in mods to the busa and do a re-test.....How close would they be? I doubt they'd even have them in the same mag much less the same comparison article.
7k or 17k...still won't get to the handling or braking of the K1200S. Unless you've ridden one, you will never know, but don't take my word for it, go try one and see, then you'll know what I know!

super.gif

wait.... you are saying Busa top flight suspension and brakes upgrades [7k should be plenty for that] and it still won't be as good as the BMW handling and brakes?? I hate to be a skeptic, but.... Do you mean handling and brakes for a "touring bike feel" or a "trackable sportbike feel"? For my money, if it survives track abuse, it can always be dialed down for street docility. If you talk of higher spirited street riding, than the track is the difinative measure. I have my doubts about long term dependability of that front suspension system when pressed to the real tests that most BMW's are not pressed to.

I like the power, handling and brakes better than my 02 k1200rs. It was brand new and I ran it for 2 summers. 9k miles. I never dialed in the beemer suspension. I've softned up the busa suspension for overall comfort. I have heli bars on the busa and still prefer the busa's handling and crispness.

Back