WHATS THIS???

Big_E

Registered
I just read that they are trying to get MotoGP at Laguna Seca next year. check out the article in Sports Rider magazine October issue.

yes,they have been talking about it for a couple of years now.it seems more probable with world superbikes' recent decline in popularity,however they still haven't come to terms with the safety issues concerning MotoGP's sanctioning body.
knowing the tight wallet that SCRAMP has shown over the years it seems like they are hoping MotoGP wants a US race more than they want more run off at the corkscrew.
i've seen what they want done to the track and it will be expensive.
on the plus side,Seca is MotoGP's first choice and seem to be willing to make concessions that they aren't giving other tracks.
apparently they are willing to expand the MotoGP schedule to 17 races to accommodate Seca,but if the race goes to another US track a MotoGP race somewhere else will have to be dropped(pissing someone off and no doubt starting a fight)
and probably the best thing on the side of getting the race here is the turmoil in the Champ Car series,it didn't draw nearly the crowed Seca was expecting last year and the the bikes turned out to be bigger than ever.
the consensus is that an extra 10 to 30 thousand people per day would show up for MotoGP with the inaugural event possibly drawing 85 thousand per day.making it the biggest event in monterey every year(with the US Open of golf,and the occasional visit by the Pope being the only things bigger.
i don't know that SCRAMP has faith in Champ car returning to popularity so MotoGP might be the best option for the future
the question is whether or not SCRAMP thinks it is worth spending $$$$$ to change the track when they just added all those luxury suites on the front straight.

MotoGP want's Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca might have to have MotoGP

I am holding my breath

I hope it comes, so we can watch motogp here in Cali
biggrin.gif

The talk about Seca is starting to heat up. I have been working on many different proposals , ands as yet this was the best I can think of:
We are willing to give 1 full 12 hour day of labor (each one of us) to help make the changes to the track. In exchange there wouldbe a ticket lottery consisting of 20 Paddock passes 25 three day, 25 two day and 25 one day finals.

Back