Rossi let Hayden win the race.

JZ1

Registered
C'mon Guys,

Every sport is rigged in way fashion or another. Think about it..A world series going the entire 7 games. More money for the host city, vendors and the network.

Yesterday, in Laguna Seca is no different. Hayden a local hero, racing for the first time in a MotoGP race in 11 years in the states.

If the promoters want the best results, the most "bang for their buck", have a local rider win. This would boost the excitement for future MotoGP races in the states, which means additional revenue for everyone involved, vendors, promoters, sponsors, riders, gov't taxes, state taxes, you name it.

But for the sake of discussion, if the race wasn't fixed, then it was boring. I've never seen Rossi be so laid back. It's Rossi for god sake, the Micheal Jordan of MotoGP. He's always setting the pace.

I realize the European riders have a difficult time adjusting to the tracks' changes in elevation, but come on. Laguna Seca is not the most difficult track in the circuit. Hell, the weather was perfect, no rain, no moisture. What's really goin' on?

I think it's great for Hayden, but I'm calling shananigans!!

My 2 cents.

I'll have to agree with you. I kept waiting for Rossi to make his move, but he never did and it looked almost as if he was just out for a Sunday cruise in the twisities somewhere!?

I believe rossi didn't see the need in pushing hard after milandri went down.. he was ahead of biaggi, and sete... even if he had won it was only an additional 10 pnts to his already big lead (especially since milandri DNF'ed) .. while if he had wrecked pushing hard to win he stood to lose ground to biaggi, and sete..

simple math folks.

I don't think it was fixed I just think Rossi went... .. "Faak this, der is-uh no point in riding so good and maybe, ,er.. maybe crah-shing zee bike. uhh.. milandri is wreck, and i stay ahead of closest championship competitors, my bike run good, but hayden, and colin ride verrry-uh good."

"I win championship, faak deez-uh- race!"

hard to type an italian accent.. but hey, I tried.

I believe rossi didn't see the need in pushing hard after milandri went down.. he was ahead of biaggi, and sete...  even if he had won it was only an additional 10 pnts to his already big lead (especially since milandri DNF'ed) .. while if he had wrecked pushing hard to win he stood to lose ground to biaggi, and sete..

simple math folks.

I don't think it was fixed I just think Rossi went... .. "Faak this, der is-uh no point in riding so good and maybe, ,er.. maybe crah-shing zee bike.  uhh.. milandri is wreck, and i stay ahead of closest championship competitors, my bike run good, but hayden, and colin ride verrry-uh good."

You'wa speeka good Rossi.

Rossi is making MotoGP history, the more races you win in a season, the harder it will be to beat your record.

Rossi was "Outta To Luncha".

That would be such a large conspiracy to keep under wrap with the countless people who would need to be involved to make it happen. Silence like that cannot be kept and I doubt seriously that it could happen.
smile.gif

I dunno, it seemed that Hayden did a good job protecting that lead. + you have to remember, it was Rossi's first ride out in Laguna, right?

My guess would be that Rossi thought as ego suggested, and also thought that it wouldn't be bad for the sport if Hayden won in his home market, and that gave him even less incentive to push it.....
Sports are big business, no doubt, but I don't think there are conspiracies to determine each and every event's outcome. Certainly rules are changed to allow for certain groups to hold an advantage, like v-twins vs. four cylinder displacement rules in ProStock Bike for instance, but I don't think the outcome of every sporting event is a foregone conclusion.

I believe rossi didn't see the need in pushing hard after milandri went down.. he was ahead of biaggi, and sete...  even if he had won it was only an additional 10 pnts to his already big lead (especially since milandri DNF'ed) .. while if he had wrecked pushing hard to win he stood to lose ground to biaggi, and sete..

simple math folks.

I don't think it was fixed I just think Rossi went... .. "Faak this, der is-uh no point in riding so good and maybe, ,er.. maybe crah-shing zee bike.  uhh.. milandri is wreck, and i stay ahead of closest championship competitors, my bike run good, but hayden, and colin ride verrry-uh good."

LMFAO
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That was a good one. I've heard many of his interviews, and that's almost exactly how he talks......Drives me nuts, but at least you can tell what he "meant" to say.

cool.gif

laugh.gif

You guys don't see what really happened. Tommy went down on purpose during the Superstock race to making Rossi more sympathetic towards Nicky.

You see, it was all part of the Hayden's plan.

simple math folks.

That is the funniest crap I have ever read..
That is exactly how he talks..

I was happy to See Nicky Hayden get his first win , especially being here in the state just made it sweeter

Rossi's move is no different than Mladin in the superbike race. They only had about an hour's practice time on a track they had never been on before (except for Bostrum) and Mladin was having a hell of time with his set up. His tires went to crap fast. He tried to pass and almost went down...so he hung back. He's still way ahead in points and it would have made no sense to bite it.

Ego's right...it's simple enough if you're familiar with racing; even if your an armchair racer, it's simple enough to figure out. Plus, listen to the post-race interviews and read the news. It's not fixed. It's smart racing.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121170261 -->

Do all you arm chair RACERS think that the practice and qualifying sessions were fixed too
rock.gif
Hayden was #1 all week

I was at Laguna this week and I have had 3 track days there, Laguna is awesome and by no means a track that you master the first time out. How much time has Rossi and the other GP riders had on that track
rock.gif

Hayden and Edwards on home soil and with the most expierance on that track, why be suprised that they did well. I didn't think that they would go 1-2, but give them some credit.

I was at Laguna this week and I have had 3 track days there, Laguna is awesome and by no means a track that you master the first time out. How much time has Rossi and the other GP riders had on that track
rock.gif

Hayden and Edwards on home soil and with the most expierance on that track, why be suprised that they did well. I didn't think that they would go 1-2, but give them some credit.
Yeah, Valentino's never been on that track. That's what alot of the hype was about. Bostrum's qualifying times were way beyond Rossi's, and there was alot of jeering about that (GP versus Superbike!), but Bostrum's been on that track before and Rossi never has. I obviously never have had a track day at Laguna Seca (God I wish! The corkscrew would be soooo much fun...at a Busa_05 pace of course  
blush.gif
). But BA's right. All the news (both prior to and following the weekend) about Laguna Seca pointed out how technical of a track it is and how much trouble Rossi and a lot of the other racers who have never had any track time there were bound to have.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121171214 -->

Just a point of info, the moto GP guys arrived at the track MONDAY!! They did have more practice than Fri, sat and Sunday. However, I agree, Laguna is not a track that is mastered easily. And Hayden practicly grew up on Laguna. I also agree with the "smart racing" comments. Rossi is after the championship, not a single race! Nevertheless Hayden did a fantastic job!!!

Back