Considering a Hayabusa

That's the thing to do if you are really concerned about performance. It's been talked about for so many years that I will give up after 2019. The Gen2 ZX-14 will reign unless some other company starts making hyperbikes. ..and I have this little hunch that's how it will play out.

Thanks, I have test rode a ZX14R but hoping to ride the Hayabusa at bike week in Daytona, if Suzuki offers test rides this year. Also any tips of what may be good insurance company to cover bike.? I like the design of both bikes, planning to keep bike mostly in stock form.
State Farm is great for motorcycles if you also insure your car with them. I'm 51, no tickets (that the ins co knows about I guess), and mine are about $150 for 6 months. I've heard of better rates from other companies but never checked into it.

Maybe it was just being enamored with the new bike but I felt as soon as the engine started up it was smoother than the 14. The 14 has a more advanced balancing system to the engine but I believ it eats some hp and as far as I'm concerned, my busa is not vibey at all. It;s a sportbike and I run it at high rpm so of course it will have some vibes but really, the 14 does too.

Hears how I normally describe the difference between the busa motor and the 14 motor: The 14 has a mean, slightly crude big block Chevy feel. The busa is like a finely tuned Ferrari by comparison. They both are fast. I don't give one the nod over the other for out and out speed but for all around sport riding performance, I would pick the more refined feel of the busa....LOL but the gnarly 14 is also a lot of fun for a change up!

Noticing the difference is probably not very significant unless you ride both so again, you get the one you like best and work with it.

State Farm is great for motorcycles if you also insure your car with them. I'm 51, no tickets (that the ins co knows about I guess), and mine are about $150 for 6 months. I've heard of better rates from other companies but never checked into it.

Maybe it was just being enamored with the new bike but I felt as soon as the engine started up it was smoother than the 14. The 14 has a more advanced balancing system to the engine but I believ it eats some hp and as far as I'm concerned, my busa is not vibey at all. It;s a sportbike and I run it at high rpm so of course it will have some vibes but really, the 14 does too.

Hears how I normally describe the difference between the busa motor and the 14 motor: The 14 has a mean, slightly crude big block Chevy feel. The busa is like a finely tuned Ferrari by comparison. They both are fast. I don't give one the nod over the other for out and out speed but for all around sport riding performance, I would pick the more refined feel of the busa....LOL but the gnarly 14 is also a lot of fun for a change up!

Noticing the difference is probably not very significant unless you ride both so again, you get the one you like best and work with it.

I second the State Farm statement. They are the cheapest I could find once I insured my cars with them too. Keep in mind that you have to watch how that policy is written since we had a member who’s bike was stolen and he lost a lot of money on his added accessories. Something with the coverage he had that made him think he was 100% covered to include all aftermarket add one and he was not.

I second the State Farm statement. They are the cheapest I could find once I insured my cars with them too. Keep in mind that you have to watch how that policy is written since we had a member who’s bike was stolen and he lost a lot of money on his added accessories. Something with the coverage he had that made him think he was 100% covered to include all aftermarket add one and he was not.
I will call state farm insurance and see how it goes! Thanks all for opinions, The Hayabusa has a lot of mystic and history... A major decision for me.

LOL the busa is about $10/6 months cheaper than my 14. Evidence the insurance companies weigh the danger very much on the engine displacement. The busa is 12 cc smaller. A couple more hp and better torque though. You can feel the torque. You really can. The busa needs to hae the clutch slipped a bit longer before it gets rolling but once your out of the clutch, twist throttle. If your at 4000 rpm and sitting back, it will lift up. Not the Gen1 ZX-14. ...but that is why the 14 is easier to launch for drag racing if that's your bag. LOL there isn't either one that is slow but the busa just feels and acts a bit more like a race bike. I won't steer you away from either. Especially if you find a Gen2 ZX-14 you like. I wouldn't pay much for any Gen1 ZX-14. You won't find one with low miles. I might get $2500 for my 08 with 49,000 miles. LOL the mods cost about 5x that much so I guess I have to keep it!

Last edited:
State Farm will also let you suspend your insurance over storage if you want. You can cut it all or just keep the comprehensive in case your bike falls over or the roof caves in or theft I believe is a part of comp. I have liability only so I cut it off for winter.

State Farm will also let you suspend your insurance over storage if you want. You can cut it all or just keep the comprehensive in case your bike falls over or the roof caves in or theft I believe is a part of comp. I have liability only so I cut it off for winter.

Only certain states allow coverage for "winter storage".
I ride all year, but have been told by several insurance companies that is only available in certain states...Va not being one of them.

Allstate for bikes is good as well.
I have everything with them. Going this route
'18 road king special $8k add ons
'13 turbo busa -$8k add ons for the turbo parts
'97 Dyna

$100k/300k full coverage
$820 a year to cover all 3 bikes.
Best deal I've ever seen

Allstate for bikes is good as well.
I have everything with them. Going this route
'18 road king special $8k add ons
'13 turbo busa -$8k add ons for the turbo parts
'97 Dyna

$100k/300k full coverage
Best deal I've ever seen

F them too.
Have our house and cars with them.
Gave me an ok quote on bike insurance...then wanted to double it(yes double)...because my wife, who only rides on the back on occasion, had a 9-11 mph over ticket(in her CAR!!!) a few years ago. Wtf, really. Somebody please create/ammend a law againts these *****************'s for theft and attempted robbery!

I'm not a fan of vehical insurance either. I see it as a driving extortion fee. Don't get caught without. I just did and narrowly escaped acquiring a criminal record over it.

$100k/300k full coverage
Best deal I've ever seen[/QUOTE]

Best deal You've ever seen?
Ha, the best deal I've ever HEARD of. ;<)

Back