Confession

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
I have the best leathers, armor, helmet and boots, I wear it all, even when it's hot. I have good medical insurance and think I'm a skillful rider.

My confession is....after detailing my bike and lubing the chain, sometimes I wear only my dirt bike helmet, shorts, tennis shoes, tee shirt....and putt respectfully around the neighborhood, waving to neighbors at 10-15 mph.....while running the chain lube in.

There, my confession is in the public domain....and I'm going to keep doing it in spite of my guilt!

Raydog

SHOCKED.gif

I'll match that confession... I often leave the busa in my buddy's garage (right next to the bar he owns
all_coholic.gif
) on Fridays after work. When I go back to retrieve it the next day I am often wearing shorts, t-shirt, and... God forbid.. SANDALS!!
SHOCKED.gif

I forgive you, my brother.
bowdown.gif

All of you...get to the end of the spanking line. NOW!

You subject all the rest of us to potentially losing you with that capricious behavior.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Stop it.

My confession, second day with Busa, had just removed the stickers at a friends house and washed the Busa to get the Googone off the tank. Jumped on it to blow the water off and went down a country road without the helmet. Nearly suffocated at +100 without the helmet. Almost panicked, eased back to the friends and never been without the helmet since.
SHOCKED.gif
blush.gif

I've been guilty a couple times of running around the neighborhood to warm the chain up before cleaning and working in the chain lube.

Not a 'busa owner currenty but I must also raise my hand and confess, weather has been so great here this week that I went 'squid' for two days. I must admit that it felt 'devine', the breeze, the lack of restriction due to trivial layers of clothing (drawers, shorts, t-shirt, du-rag and tennis shoes..oh and riding gloves).

It's the first time in a few years that I have had smiley looks and conversation with passers by and folks in cars at stop lights while riding. Something about the helmet and all the leather isn't condusive to light hearted conversation with the caged and pedestrian populace. I took 'er supa eazy, rode slow and cautious just like the cruiser guys tend to do and had a wonderful time. I've come to back to my senses and have since donned the gear but ahhh, 'twas nice.

"There, my confession is in the public domain....and I'm going to keep doing it in spite of my guilt!"

Why keep doing it when you (and everyone else) knows its a dumb thing to do?
crazy.gif

I admit that I strap my helmet to the tail and head down the highway doing wheelies with a t-shirt, tennis shoes and shorts and 'cool' shades, all while moving my legs over the tank......

SHOCKED.gif

OK, well that's a flat-out lie. I do, however wear my jacket, riding boots, helmet and gloves as instinctively as putting on the seat belt in a car. Around these parts, even a stroll around the block can be fatal with all the morons around.

I wear my gear all the time. During the Summer Months that gear is a t-shirt, shorts, and a full face Scorpion helmet (Most of the time with the visor lifted for extra air). I try not to wear the recommended sandals, instead I used a pair of Nike.
SHOCKED.gif

Guilty too, but with a half arsh decent reason

The traffic is virtually non existant around my house. To me, that means I have only a few cages to worry about. The end result is I'm in control of my own destiny. If I can't make it around the block without falling off my scoot I shouldn't have one. I will not go more than a mile from my house without a helmet though. That's my rulz.

Okay - this is where Bill gets flamed.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smileyexhibit.gif

(Over_Easy @ Jul. 13 2007,15:12) I've been guilty a couple times of running around the neighborhood to warm the chain up before cleaning and working in the chain lube.
My gosh..... it's "come clean day." Ok, I confess my sin's... I too have done likewise but I didn't even have sandals...... I had on CROCKS, running shorts, no helmet, no shades, no nothing. AND I RODE THE BEAST at least 10-13mph down the street!

I am a shameful individual and should be thrashed to within an inch of my life! What dispickable creatures we are, hypocrites to the max. Now, where's my leathers, I gotta go ride.
crazy.gif

(busa_bill @ Jul. 13 2007,16:47) Guilty too, but with a half arsh decent reason

The traffic is virtually non existant around my house. To me, that means I have only a few cages to worry about. The end result is I'm in control of my own destiny. If I can't make it around the block without falling off my scoot I shouldn't have one. I will not go more than a mile from my house without a helmet though. That's my rulz.

Okay - this is where Bill gets flamed.
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

smileyexhibit.gif
Bill..... you dispickable knee-com-poop
laugh.gif

<---- busy looking up "capricious"

Pronunciation: k&-'pri-sh&s, -'prE-
Function: adjective
: governed or characterized by caprice

hmmf. that helps
tounge.gif

Oh my god, I've opened up a can of worms! I hope this profound honesty makes us feel better about ourselves as 12 step Busaholics.

And CBXRider, I've jumped off cliffs into waterholes, volunteered for combat duty in Viet Nam, drag raced 700 hp flatbottom boats and many other high risk activities in the past that , arguably, were very "dumb", but those choices have always brought me profound pleasure and I'd do them all again....I think that's called cognative dissonance. I would argue that $3000 worth of protective gear @ 70mph is alot more hazardous than 15mph without the gear or cages around but that's not stopping any of us from participating in our beloved sport.

Raydog

Back