Confession time, tomorrow is the big day!

KyleJ

Registered
I have a confession to make. I've got my truck and trailer loaded up and I'm leaving at 8am tomorrow morning to go pick up my new bike. Why is this a confession?!? Well, it's not a Busa. :laugh: After not being able to find anything that would satisfy my standards locally I started to widen my options on bikes. Sat on one last Friday and fell in love with it. After test riding it I knew I had to have one. I was lucky enough that I found one a couple hours away from home from a gentleman that wasn't having any luck selling it. I shot him an offer and to my surprise he accepted it.

Can anyone guess what I'm coming home with?

All I know is, you better post pictures (many!) of whatever you get, as we are all motorcyclists, not just Busa freaks. :rulez:

You have been on this site long enough to know that we are visual and pictures are worth thousands of words.

Good luck and drive safe going to get it - As I sure your biting at the bit after all the posts you did about getting a bike and now it's finally happening. :thumbsup:

If it has 2 wheels, a motor and runs that is all that matters to me. Unless you rattle my teeth when you go by. :rofl::laugh:

Besides if your happy, what does it matter what anybody else thinks? ???

It's a Connie...that's what everyone around here is getting, isn't it? :rolleyes: :rofl:

I paid $7500 for this and had about $100 in fuel/food getting it home. The cheapest Gen2 I have seen in my area was $7k for a 12k mile '08 in average condition. I looked at one that the guy said he would take $7k for but it was rough.

Yessir. It had been for sale since at least January but well out of my price range. I noticed recently that he had started dropping a little every so often and had started posting it in multiple cities. I figured he was getting more desperate to sell it so I called him to see what he was willing to cut it loose for.

It will have a set of shortened Two Bros cans on it this weekend. My girlfriend informed me that the exhaust on it was "Completely disgusting" and that it needed to be changed immediately. If you say so!

I've only got one thing to say to someone that brings a hidious monster like that to the Org.....

:ban:

RSD.

All personal opinion and brand nutswinging apart, the ZX14R commands a lot higher price than the Gen2 Busa does. That's all I'm saying.

Has nothing to do with brand loyalty. I actually think the 14 is technically better than the Busa. The price difference comes from market demands. For every 1 14 they sold, they sold about 10 Busas. There is just more demand for one than the other. Not dissing the bike....well except maybe for the cosmetics.

Back