Computer Guys Help

jwcfbd

Administrator
Donating Member
Registered
I've searched my harddrive with no luck.  I've run spyware programs with no luck.  I can't stand it anymore.

This only happens when I'm online and it doesn't matter what site I'm on.  I keep getting a airplane sound on my computer.  It's like it flies from the right to the left side.  The strange thing is it does only when it feels like it. Some days not at all other days it'll just keep doing flybys. Any ideas or help making this stop would be greatly appreciated.

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102824418 -->

laugh.gif
That's funny

If you're using XP, try the "Control Panel" -> "Sounds and Audio Devices" and click on the "sounds" tab. I'm pretty sure one of your listings in the events list is playing that airplane sound. Someone might be playing a joke on you.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Maybe Try Changing your desktop to something Cloudy and Grey, maybe the FAA will close the Airfield, or at least divert some traffic...

Might help...

smile.gif

Another way of getting rid of the sound on Windows Xp is to go back to a restore point on a date before the sound started. That sould take care of your problem.
cool.gif

laugh.gif
That's funny

If you're using XP, try the "Control Panel" -> "Sounds and Audio Devices" and click on the "sounds" tab.  I'm pretty sure one of your listings in the events list is playing that airplane sound.  Someone might be playing a joke on you.
laugh.gif
Thanks,
I gave that a shot last night but found nothing odd.

laugh.gif

Another way of getting rid of the sound on Windows Xp is to go back to a restore point on a date before the sound started. That sould take care of your problem.
cool.gif
Thanks I'll give that a try. I ran two more programs last night, one spyware and one adware. If that doesn't do then I'll hit the reset.

- get ALL updates for IE and MS Office
- run latest ADAWARE
- run your latest anti-virus
- delete cookies, cache, reset all IE settings to defaults including homepage... and use FIREBIRD instead of IE from now on

- check your ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS under control panel and look for ANYTHING suspicious, especially near the bottom mixed in with windows hotfixes. some crap LOOKS like a windows but is not, might have standard ICON and say "WinTools Helper" or some other obscure name. check the details of it and click the more info and if it goes to some "search" site, uninstall it.

Does the sound only occur on a website you frequent, or is it while you just sit there doing nothing?

http://www.mozilla.org/

- get  ALL updates for IE and MS Office
- run latest ADAWARE
- run your latest anti-virus
- delete cookies, cache, reset all IE settings to defaults including homepage... and use FIREBIRD instead of IE from now on

- check your ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS under control panel and look for ANYTHING suspicious, especially near the bottom mixed in with windows hotfixes.  some crap LOOKS like a windows but is not, might have standard ICON and say "WinTools Helper" or some other obscure name.  check the details of it and click the more info and if it goes to some "search" site, uninstall it.

Does the sound only occur on a website you frequent, or is it while you just sit there doing nothing?

http://www.mozilla.org/
problem #1 I use AOL. That is changing soon.
It doesn't matter what website I'm on. It happens while I'm here or if I'm on one of the car sites I goto. It just happens when ever.
Last night I downloaded and ran a Adware program and a different spyware program. I think I may have gotten it. The adware came up with something like 95 hits so I killed them and so far no fly bys.
smile.gif
We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help guys.

You can also try going to Add/Remove programs, click on Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 (nothing other than that exact wording, it's not always there though) and click remove. When you do you will be given the option to "repair" instead of remove. Choose that option.

You can also go to Windows update and download the newest IE download, but that's more complex and harder than it sounds.

These changes will affect AOL's browser, as it is tied into IE

I think I shot the little rugrat down.
guns.gif
It's been two days now and no more little airplane flybys.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the ideas.

perhaps a website you frquent is bugged [virused]. another option I forgot to mention is to install the free firewall ZONE ALARM and set it to "Learn Mode". then later go see what programs are accessing the net and their home directories. remove/delete if not recognized

perhaps a website you frquent is bugged [virused].  another option I forgot to mention is to install the free firewall ZONE ALARM and set it to "Learn Mode".  then later go see what programs are accessing the net and their home directories.  remove/delete if not recognized
downloaded now we'll see what happens. Thanks

Hope it fixes the problem....
and by the way... .. um.... i think it's kinda cool to hear airplane sounds
smile.gif

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|jwcfbd
Reason for Edit: "removed the echo post."|1103044392 -->

Back