Computer Guys Help

I know AOL has tons of windows and popups and sounds... I wonder if it's an advertisement or maybe a profile that AOL knows you do pilot stuff so it plays certain sounds?

Does it happen with absolutely nothing running on your system? Fresh bootup, just sitting there, no net, no AOL, no nuttin?

The Orbitz website makes a jet fly-by sound when it's pop-ups come up. It could be that a pop-up blocker of some sort is stoping the window from opening but not the .wav file from playing.

If you have XP and want me to remote control your system I can get in there and find out what is happening.

The Orbitz website makes a jet fly-by sound when it's pop-ups come up.  It could be that a pop-up blocker of some sort is stoping the window from opening but not the .wav file from playing.

If you have XP and want me to remote control your system I can get in there and find out what is happening.
I appreciate the offer and will keep it in mine. I haven't hurd it since I downloaded the firewall that WWJD told me about so I'll give that a chance and see what happens.

jwcfbd, dude you missed me, I just landed for a couple of beers
beerchug.gif
FAA rules 8 hours bottle to throttle man..I'll be back up soon.
laugh.gif

airplane10.gif

This is funny Jimbo, sorry but I laughed all the way thru this post. Now, just turn the speakers off and get back to work.
wink.gif

I vote for you to be our class clown
biggrin.gif
Just kiddin, did u get the prob fixed yet?

so far so good.  No fly-bys for the last two days.  
biggrin.gif
Hurray for that

Not to be a buzzkill, but if the Zone Alarm resolved the issue, then there has got to be something not-so-good running on the system process-wise, unless it is a pop-up soundbyte from a specific website or URL group.
nope, the llittle some ##### buzzed me twice last night.

Oh well, I have a few more things to try.

so far so good.  No fly-bys for the last two days.  
biggrin.gif
Hurray for that

Not to be a buzzkill, but if the Zone Alarm resolved the issue, then there has got to be something not-so-good running on the system process-wise, unless it is a pop-up soundbyte from a specific website or URL group.
nope, the llittle some ##### buzzed me twice last night.

Oh well,  I have a few more things to try.
Try leading the plane a little further, I'm moving pretty fast! Got a busa motor in this dude.
guns.gif
laugh.gif

format c:
wink.gif

Just kidding .... you might try looking at the process list and see what, if anything else starts up when you run AOL and MS IE. could be that you need to zap a process. Also might watch the process list and see if anything jumps up in memory/cpu usage when the sound is present. Just a couple of last ditch kinda suggestions

format c:  
wink.gif

Just kidding .... you might try looking at the process list and see what, if anything else starts up when you run AOL and MS IE.  could be that you need to zap a process.  Also might watch the process list and see if anything jumps up in memory/cpu usage when the sound is present.  Just a couple of last ditch kinda suggestions
Just kidding?
rock.gif
I wish I had seen that earlier.
mad.gif
laugh.gif
Just kidding. However I did just that this morning. My computer pissed me off once to many times and I broke out the old recovery disk. Save the vitals and dumped the rest. The last couple of days my computer has really been acting up. I think it may have caught a cold so I exercised demons
firedevil.gif
Now lets see if I managed to shoot down that dam airplane.
guns.gif

I wonder if its a buddy sound from somebody on your list. When they sign on or sign off it makes their buddy sound. That could explain why sometimes you hear it just twice?

Try going to keyword buddy sounds
click on the travel tab on the left
click the airborne category and try all the sounds on the right
if its one of those its somebody from your buddy list, so if it is disable your buddy sounds.

Good luck with that though, keep us posted

<!--EDIT|BigRed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103690598 -->

The Orbitz website makes a jet fly-by sound when it's pop-ups come up. It could be that a pop-up blocker of some sort is stoping the window from opening but not the .wav file from playing.

I was thinking that your popup-blocker was set to play that sound when it detected a popup. You may want to check your options.

don't worry about it.  It's just Satan reminding you he runs AOL
I think you might be right.
laugh.gif
Nope it's not a popup blocked or a buddy list thing. I'm not sure what it is or where it came from but now it better be gone. I am also now running a firewall, spyware blocker and a anti virus so we'll see what happens now. Thanks for all the help and ideas. Not to mention the all the other comments. There has been some funny ones.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Back