Complete Milky Oil

Kuwan Mayle

Registered
How's it going everyone? So I recently traded for a 2006 hayabusa and was told it only needed a waterpump and replaced the old oil filter which had milky oil in it. I put old oil through the case and everything and drained it and also took the oil pan off and cleaned it all out. We'll put new oil and filter on and new coolant and took it around the block and let it run for awhile and checked the oil level to see it filled with milky oil. So I drained it and it's completely milky. I know it's probably a blown head gasket and just trying to figure out what my next steps should be? Any help I will appreciate it. Thanks

Step 1: never trade with or but from that fit again.

Step 2: You already know it needs a new head gasket. And make sure the mating surfaces are not warped.

Some gen 1 guys will be along shortly to let you know of others causes.

You also need to goto a reputable shop to have this done, that is if you are not turning the wrenches your self. If you go cut rate shop you may have a headache later on.

Thanks and I'm going to try and do it myself with the help of my father and brother. My first step is to tear it down and see if I can find the complete problemon before ordering anything.

A good carpenter's square will give you a pelimanary warped indication. But a machine shop can tell you for sure and be able to fix it.

I would take this time to just build it up just a little. You will have it out and apart anyway...why not? :) :)

Head, block, cylinder wall/water jacket could be cracked somewhere also, and not nesacerily visible.
Not saying it is, but it needs to be checked. You could have a bad head gasket, flat deck on the block and cylinder head, replace the head gasket...and still have the problem. Better safe than sorry.
Have a machine shop check them.

So I tore into it today and found that 4 of the 5 freezer plugs were off and sitting next to the wholes. Does anyone know if I can buy replacements or just have a machine shop but themy back in for me with a press?

if they are out i would dig further. Sounds like it froze with water in it.

Yeah, they were forced out somehow. Also if they were out it would be gushing coolant. I wouldn't think much would be getting to the cylinders in that case.

It doesn't look like anything else is wrong with it or there than that so all the oil and coolant mixed and went into the CoOlinger system and the oil system.

If oil and coolant are mixing, it wasn't caused by out of place freeze plugs. It's a result of 1 of 2 causes. Bad head gasket/warped head, or a cracked block. And like I said before, if you put coolant in it and the freeze plugs were not in the block, once started it would gush out. That is, if the water pump is working correctly.

Back