Comments needed on the 003 Shinko's

8Daytona8

Donating Member
Registered
Any one run em for just street riding, how many miles out of the super soft, or reg? Are they scary in the wet? Does a 200 fit with no probs?

PS I have read the posts that show up on a search! But no one reported miles they got even if most uses them at the strip. Any found them to be unsafe as a street set up?

I'm running the 003 U-soft. I've got about a thousand miles on her and will probably not get much more, but I drag race with the tire also. As far as the rain, I wouldn't ride in the rain with this tire if I could avoid it. There is NO channeling built into the tire. It will slip pretty easy. I think I'm going to get a Diablo Super Corsa as my next tire.
beerchug.gif

200 will fit.
I'm running one with no probs.  can't tell you what kind of mileage I pulled.  ride in all weather with it.  shinko advance 005 radial.

shinko_advance_005.jpg

The speed rating on it is lower that the more popular tires on the Busa.... 168 maybe

Just got a set of Dunlop Qualifiers for $249.00 installed at a local dealer! All I have to say is take the time to shop around.

Hey thanks for the reply's. I too have been using the shinko's for some time. 009 Ravens on my Bandit 1200 and now the Busa. Get 6K+ on the rear and 12+ on the fronts. Wear em out in the middle! Not to many curves here. I'm sticking with the front and just ordered the 003 reg 190 for the rear on this change. Thanks
bowdown.gif
I have heard the 005's will run with the best of em!
super.gif

(Over_Easy @ Sep. 10 2007,21:58) Just got a set of Dunlop Qualifiers for $249.00 installed at a local dealer!  All I have to say is take the time to shop around.
I'm hearing that from some here! All the places down here would
ices_rofl.gif
if you asked if they could do em 4 that
SHOCKED.gif

PS and I will bring in my wheels! Where? or was it a special. The best $ on Q's i found was @ cycle gear on speedway Blvd when they opened! They had em for $99 front and $129.00 180 rear. 190 Na!
bowdown.gif

(8Daytona8 @ Sep. 10 2007,19:35) PS and I will bring in my wheels! Where? or was it a special. The best $ on Q's i found was @ cycle gear on speedway Blvd when they opened! They had em for $99 front and $129.00 180 rear. 190 Na!
bowdown.gif
Pasco County Cycles...inventory tires only so there's no telling what they have left in 190. Saturday was packed...waited 4 hours, but worth it.

Smaller, family owned dealer (primarily Suzuki and Kawasaki)...owner's name is Rhonda and Service Mgr. is Bruce. If you do buy from them tell them Keith referred them to you. I spoke w/ both of them last Sat.

Back