comment to Harley owner

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Was out at the mountains today on busa. Harley owner, who was with his buddies commented that "That suzuki ain't no Harley". I said your right, 1940 technology 85 miles per hour tops and all this for 17000 dollars, you damn right this is no Harley......well he felt pretty stupid..............................

Was at San Jose Harley getting parts for my wife's Harley, had my hayabusa parked right up front between the Harley's,owner comes out says Hi to me,I go in to buy parts I needed and come out and comment nice things to this guy who owns a custom Harley which I thought was a FXR but really was a sporter pumped up from 883 to 1200cc,anyways the guy looks at the Hayabusa and says when are you going to get a Harley,I in turn said I have two a Fatboy and Hertiage which my wife rides.That shut him up quick.Now did he hear that my wife rode a Hertiage and he is riding a Sporter.Anyways Dude not all Harley Riders are DI*K Heads just the one's with small or no brain cells in their head.Their the same ones that complain about the Helmet Law in California but you never see them at the State Capitol protesting the repeal of the Law.Hey maybe he can't write either.Anyways Ride safe.

That was a great comeback VegasDude,I gotta remember that one,If I were into cruisers theres no doubt that I would own a H-D Fatboy,theres no way I would buy a Japanese copy.

Most people that buy a Harley are buying it for the nostalgia, heritage, and status. They can’t be buying it for performance. The one big difference between the Harley and the Japanese bikes is resale value. Very few Japanese bikes hold their value like a Harley.

In '87 I bought a brand new FZR1000.
New one again in '89 when they raised the performance bar. Tried a FatBoy in '93 for a change of pace. It was starting to loose its magic in '97 so I built the 1380cc engine from 47 RWHP to 73(wow!). I was already thinking Ducatti when I saw the performance bar raised two notches in one swift move with the Hayabusa. I realized I could sell my 6 year old, constantly rusting Harley and buy the fastest, most technologically advanced motorcycle on the planet and have $2,000 left over. I picked it up two days ago and can hardly get off it. I can't wait till its broken in.

JohnnyB the 93 Fatboy USA model came with 65 teeth rear pully and that year model was a little slower due to the gear. My 92 Fatboy came with 70 teeth which gave it a better top end and mileage,I installed a fireball cam,upgraded the modulator,super trapp 2 into 1,rejetted the stock carb and the thing flys now for a Harley that is but the gas mileage went from 45mpg to 29/30mpg.If you change the rear pulley to 70 teeth you'll see the differnce a rear belt will also have to be changed too.As for the Hayabusa it has everything I need in a fast tourer plus you get between 35 to 45mpg while going fast too,I had a 89 Gxser 1100,a 98TL1000R and the Hayabusa is hands down the bike to ride for comfort.I also like the other bikes made by Honda,Kawa and Yamaha and the only reasons I bought the Hayabusa was the new look,the RWHorse power,and the price was right.This is a keeper.The Harley has good resale value but do you buy a bike to ride or resell.See Ya

Back