Comfortable passenger seat?

wpg2rch

Donating Member
Registered
I need to get a good rear seat and back rest for my wife. I have read a number of posts saying that the Corbin is very hard and takes a while to break in...is this true for the rear seat too? I am worried that a too long a break in period will make an unhappy wife.
Other than the Corbin, are there other good rear seat & back rest options out there?

Thanks!
G.

I got a Corbin rear seat with backrest. It is firm but my wife is quite happy with it.

It prevents her from sliding forward like she did with the stock seat while braking.

Check out these 2 previous posts:

This may interest ya, one talks of an alternative to Corbin for less money.
super.gif

Thanks for the info. Looks like there really aren't many options out there. Guess it is a Corbin rear seat and backrest. Where is that piggy bank?  
guns.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 22 2007,13:01) Leave her home on the sofa...
firedevil.gif
I like it...plus it would save me a lot of money. Or I could use that $$$ for other mods...there are other mods that I can make to the Busa, right??  
super.gif

my wife says that the tobin back seat is the best Ive had on any of my bikes. not really a back rest but Im not sure how far back a passenger can lean against a back rest on a busa. My wife says that the hump that tobin puts on the back is perfect for her, makes her feel like shes not going to go flying off the back and gives her little support too.

How does she feel about learning to ride and getting a bike - works in my house! Although, I admit it is probably the least cost effective solution...

(LCB @ Jun. 22 2007,13:31) How does she feel about learning to ride and getting a bike - works in my house!  Although, I admit it is probably the least cost effective solution...
I've tried. I got her to take the safety course, she got her motorcycle endorsement, but after it all, she just wants to be a passenger. I don't understand.  
crazy.gif

My wife loves the backrest on the Tobin seat... she does slide forward when I brake, but not as bad as the stocker. And she needs to just put her hands on my back when I brake, I think she thinks it bothers me or something.

DSC01860__Medium_.jpg

+1 on the Tobin. Every girl that has ridden back there compliments the comfort and they do put a little back riser that helps immensly toward keeping them planed. I was getting complaints before the Tobin on acceleration that they were sliding off and grabbing out sort of with some pnaic as to where to hold on and not go right off.

All that ended after the Tobin redo.

(TurboSN95 @ Jun. 22 2007,11:54) My wife loves the backrest on the Tobin seat... she does slide forward when I brake, but not as bad as the stocker.  And she needs to just put her hands on my back when I brake, I think she thinks it bothers me or something.
Get her some freakin' gloves for those hands!

Or do you like girls w/ mangled/scarred hands?

LOL, She's got Alpinestars
tounge.gif
She wore them for a while and didn't want to wear them after we stopped for lunch.

meh i likem to hold on to the driver ;) dont have a wife so cant speak about that situation
bowdown.gif
but if they are leaning on a back rest than they arent holding on tight enough
firedevil.gif

I bought a Ventura luggage rack http://store.azmusa.com/venpacsyskit4.html
and after noticing that it was not supposed to be used as a backrest I attacked it with a wire welder and made it into one.

The rack was a bit pricey but with some strategically placed foam and some cold rolled rods from Home Depot being addded for rigidity the thing is actually a kick a** backrest and also offers a ton of storage area.

I have attached an old pick of mine.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Shoot me a pm if you want more on it.

Back