I need a good aftermarket passenger seat that will

The Big Red One

Registered
Basically guys I'm trying to find a good passenger seat for my wife that'll keep her from sliding into me during braking. The stock passenger seat angles down too much in the front....now why'd they go and do that???....lol. My wife will appreciate any help we can give her
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

I think the slope of the factory seat is designed so that the passenger will not slide BACKWARD as easily during accelleration.
wink.gif

You could always take the rear seat to an upholstery shop, and see about getting the padding redesigned, and the seat recovered. Other than that, I could only recommend braking earlier and easier.

My wife won't ride on the back of the Busa anyway, so my hump stays on all the time.
laugh.gif

Hmmmm, maybe a custom cut rear Tobin seat might do the trick. When you place the order just let Tobin know what it is exactly you want.

Or you can do it yourself using an electric carving knife following the step in this tutorial

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118711396 -->

I rode on the back of Raider's bike a while back...he's got a Corbin seat with a backrest...highly recommended by this one-time Busa "passenger"...

PM RaiderDm for more info on which one he bought...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "gettin' his screen name right... :)"|1118711201 -->

VaBusa
'Da Blonde'

Group: Donating Member
Avg posts/day:9.64
Location: Along the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia Posted: June 13 2005,14:05

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I rode on the back of Raider's bike a while back...he's got a Corbin seat with a backrest...highly recommended by this one-time Busa "passenger"... [/QUOTE]

idea.gif
This would be your wifes best bet !

I rode on the back of a Hayabusa once also. I didn't have too much of a problem sliding back and forth since I had one hand on the tank to use to keep me from sliding forward and one hand on the rear brace to us to keep me from sliding off the back during hard acceleration. I had to lock my elbow for that one. Other than that, have her hold on tighter.
smile.gif

Go with the Corbin i looked at Sledheads this weekend when i was there and he bought it for the same reason his was kept sliding into him with the corbin problem solved got one the day he bought the bike actaully wife seems to like it also

I have a Corbin w/backrest, but the wife has also learned to reach around me and brace her hands on the gas tank, and also use her legs to squeeze/brace as well.

You can help by braking smoothly when riding with a passenger, so they have a chance to prepare themselves for the weight shift.

Back