Color Change Video

boney1

The Tattooed Blurr
Registered
Well at long last i had a day to film my 02 changing from black to purple it was only about 68 out so its change was slower than summer and i stopped the vid just shy of complete purple but its more than enough to show the change

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok buddy, you just got me in trouble.... time lapse that vid...

Karen: Whatch doing...
Me: Watching the paint change color
Karen: we going to have "that" discussion again aren't we
Me: honest the bike is going to change color right now!
Karen: I am calling rehab.......

Does this fall in line with Karen sending you a PM telling you its time for bed? :laugh:

Give her a hit and let her sit and watch it lol it will change honest.
seriously if you look at the vids i did during summer it changes in about a minute and a half lol

I've seen chameleon type paint jobs, but this is way cooler! What kind of paint is that, that changes color like that? Is it temperature or light dependent? Details please! :bowdown:

Edit: Did some research....dat shiz it hot! :bowdown:

Last edited:
Hey not to be selfish but is there any chance you could post a video of your bike starting up and how it affects the timed response of the paints color change?

I love how you brought this paint to light for me. I never knew such a paint existed. I want to take the plunge too. Was thinking of the extreme black to white. I would love to see how the engine heat affects the color scheme. Maybe even if you are in the mood perhaps you could snap a pic of the bike in motion. See how the paint swirls in the front from the cooling of the wind to sides where the engine block creates heat etc.

Thanks again for this video. Always appreciate a great looking mod.

I've seen chameleon type paint jobs, but this is way cooler! What kind of paint is that, that changes color like that? Is it temperature or light dependent? Details please! :bowdown:

Edit: Did some research....dat shiz it hot! :bowdown:

its activated by heat the warmer it gets the faster it changes as is true with when it cools the colder it gets the faster it goes back see this video of the hump i poured cold water on it when it reached total purple.
the paint is called eclipse its made at alsacorp.com make sure you get all the gear from them hardner, reducer, clear everything or you will have problems, its coolin off here ill fire her up tomorrow or monday if i get time and run it a little so you can see the engine change the paint

Last edited by a moderator:
Back