Clutch ?

JoeyAdams

Registered
I have a 2006 , the clutch is slipping at high rpm in first. I know i am in need of a replacement , especially at 27000 miles and it being daily driver.... What clutch would you recommend to use ?

The OEM (stock) clutch is
the way to go :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

I have a 2006 , the clutch is slipping at high rpm in first. I know i am in need of a replacement , especially at 27000 miles and it being daily driver.... What clutch would you recommend to use ?
im still on my originial clutch pack at 34k miles, does it slip in all gears?

Ive only slipped it in first and second at high rpm lately i have been trying to avoid it , and the clutch engages at the lever at the end of it extension. . My bikes also popping down at the sprocket or somewhere ... could that be something to do with the clutch , I am going to check the front sprocket tonight ,

That sounds more like the transmission than a clutch. You should have more problem with the clutch slipping in the high gears than the lower gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 if you were only getting over rev at high rpm it's a clutch issue. Popping in/out is the transmission for sure. Replacing the clutch will not resolve this.

Any other symptomes your bike is expierencing?
That sounds more like the transmission than a clutch. You should have more problem with the clutch slipping in the high gears than the lower gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Factory Drag Pak is a great alternative to the oem clutch plates. The Drag Pak comes with all frictions and steels, and even has heavy duty springs included, all for about $185. The oem plates alone (without springs) are now about $220ish, they seem to go up every year. POWERHOUSE sells the Drag Paks for several models, including the Gen 1 and Gen 2. A lot of racers prefer these clutches as they actually last longer than the stock clutch.

As far as the "popping" down at the sprocket, you need to ride the bike and find out exactly in which gear it "pops". If it does it ONLY in second gear, you have a transmission issue. All gears, you might have torn teeth off the front (countersprocket). :poke:

is it popping out of gear or slipping, there is a huge difference... If slipping it's clutch plates,springs and steels you need, if you keep having to put it back in gear it's the tranny that needs work...

Also $325 is a bit much, I have oem kits with stock or medium springs here for less tyd..

Just slipping , it pops in all gears . Its the master link I have on there i fixed it but its still doing it just not as bad, It doesnt feel safe . especially since i already had a chain break on me ...

Back