Clutch went south?

Shmoo

Registered
I have about 11,000 miles on the busa. it *appears* that my clutch has gone bad. I'm cruising along, and about 5-7,000 RPM, the engine is revving faster, but not accelerating accordingly. Before this, the bike was "jumping" during hard acceleration roll-ons. I figured my chain was loose, and tightened it up. Wasn't the cure. A mechanic friend of mine said that it could be the clutch going bad, and/or something called the torque limiter going bad. Has anybody had this experience with the clutch going bad after 10,000+ miles? Can I replace the clutch myself (I'm mechanically inclined), or should I pay the extra $$ to have a shop do it?

Wow...That sounds early for a clutch to go...I've got 30k miles on my 2000 BUSA and my clutch is fine and I've made many, many passes at the local drag strip and street race quite a bit. Changing the clutch is pretty easy though...If you're mechanically inclined I'm sure you can do it yourself. I know I plan on changing mine myself. I've already purchased the steels fibers and springs...I'm just waiting for it to start slipping.

You may wanna check your riding style, cuz if the clutch is indeed bad you may be riding the clutch to much when you ride. Just a thought!

Hey,
Where did you buy your clutches from? How much, and what brand is good?? Is it a clutch kit, or do I buy everything individually? I need to get this asap, going to Deal's Gap in early May. Thanks man!

USE THE STOCK OEM PARTS! I ordered mine from Ron Ayers.com. I thought they had a fair deal...Just tell them that you need clutches for the BUSA and they'll get you straight. Good luck!

www.ronayers.com

check out pensacolariders.com and talk to johnnygxr. He should be able to hook ya up pretty quickly

Back