Clutch fluid loss

bs72069

Registered
In two months I had to fill clutch fluid level because it was at the lower level. Im not sure if some could of leaked out from the first time because one screw wasnt real tight and I didnt notice any leaking out. Is this normal for the busa. I know on cars that have hydraulic clutches, fluid loss is a sign of wear or sometimes leakage.
What is the normal life expecticy of the clutches? I have nearly 6000 miles on her with mostly normal abuse on the clutch. Except the few times I check to see if 7th gear suddenly appeared.

My 02 started losing fluid around 17,000 miles . Never found out why I just put more in. it happened about two more times since then. I got 28,000 on it now.

Some fluid will leak out of the clutch cylinder (the one thats bolted to the sprocket cover) because dirt and grime from the chain will get under the seal and cause some fluid leakage. Thats why suzuki put a little rubber seal on the 04's to keep the dirt out.

rock.gif

The rubber seal ring on the Clutchslave piston. Hardens over time begins to leak.
The dirt and grime coming off the chain fouling up the piston seal. After long ride in fine sand used for snow and ice traction. Clutch fluid began leaking. The 04 extra rubber cap would be an improvement. It appears by the diagrams to fit all years.
Clutch slave piston seal Part # 23163-06B00 Ronayers $3.55
Protective cover on the 04 part # 23166-02F20 $6.26

Pull the sprocket cover replace these two parts.

Hey will these elimnate the grime that gets thrown all over your frame, swingarm and wheels too?

Back