Clutch slipping

ninja138uk

Registered
Hi people, i have a 2005 gen 1 busa and when I give it some beans from lights or a junction, the bike seems to jump, new clutch was put in but still doing it, only happens in 1st and 2nd gears, when ridden normally, it doesn't happen, any idea's, I've had lots of opinions but clutch basket was mentioned today, cheers

Is this jumping. Almost feeling like your chain is skipping a tooth on the sprocket? Or is it a smooth slip? Like you're riding the clutch. RPM climbing without going anywhere.

Hi people, i have a 2005 gen 1 busa and when I give it some beans from lights or a junction, the bike seems to jump, new clutch was put in but still doing it, only happens in 1st and 2nd gears, when ridden normally, it doesn't happen, any idea's, I've had lots of opinions but clutch basket was mentioned today, cheers
If it's really jerky then it's most likely the clutch hub. Or what Suzuki calls the "CAM SET, CLUTCH". It's called a slipper hub. It's a 2 piece hub and will cause jerking under hard acceleration. The two pieces can be welded together. Or Brock's makes a 1 piece hub. Either will take care of the jerking felt from the slipper hub.

clutch issues again

look( all the way through ) that title from last year. it may help there are photos that explain a lot

Slight chance it might be a loose cush drive. Might as well try that. Set the bike on he side stand and pull the rear sprocket clockwise and CCW. There should be no movement between the sprocket carrier and the drum at all.

Back