clutch problems?????

2 wheel tank

Registered
When giving the throttle a few beans i get a chattering noise no acceleration, ride with a steadier right hand it feels fine have fitted cluth mod to lock slipper clutch this has improved situation but not cured it.Any ideas??????

Gen I? Which gear does it happen in? Do a search, might be time to undercut your tranny

It's possible you have a sprocket / chain issue. You'll probably end up pulling the clutch.

Forget all thes guys and their bad advice! Jeez listen to me over these know nothings. The bike is shot, go get a brand new one!!:cheerleader::cheerleader::thumbsup:

Pull the clutch cover and take a look at the steels, fibers, and clutch basket. The only way to find out is to take a look at the parts. Has the clutch lever got easier to pull in, did you loose the tension that it use to require to pull the lever fully in?

Mine was doing that last summer. Turned out five of the six pressure plate bolts were loose, one almost falling out of the hole! I replaced all the steels/fibers with new and locktite'd the bolts back in. So far, so good.

Back