Clutch Replacement OEM...

NorthFace

Registered
Hi there, I have about 50,000KM on my bike, I noticed a couple of week ago slippage in the clutch. (Would chatter, or would completly go over actual speed).. Here is the catch..

I have 19 Plates in my clutch, Iv measure them all 5 times with a 1/2000" and I purchased a OEM Suzuki 19 plate clutch (10 Fiber and 9 Steel)... Now the OLD USED clutch has an overall width of ,005" MORE than the NEW one sealed from factory?.. Like some plate are suppose to be within ,146 to ,153.. (USED: ,150.. NEW ,148) Is that normal?...

I also had a completly worn out chain witch I replaced, could the chain having some hard like and strecthing could have cause the Clutch cam to slip? As soon as the snow will melt I will take it out for another test.. Btw my spring where also in spec at ,93", I still purchased the barnett spring 1,1/4"... But havent put them in place yet.

Any ideas?

Also on a side note.. Anyone got some BT014 experience on Hayabusa.. I was always a Dunlop fan but the D208 where not as long lasting as the 207... (Front only lasted like 8K).

I am thinking about replacing the Clutch cam by the BDE one, is there anyone who sells those in canada? or is there any other store to by it from... (Only the BDE stores seems to carry them)

Thanks

I dont have enough expertice to answer your questions NorthFace... but if you are looking for stuff to buy of the internet, bikebandit.com is a good place to check out stuff! I know this is not too relevent...but still
blush.gif

Back