Clutch noise

Num1bigguy

Registered
I apologize in advance if I missed the answer in a previous post. Last summer I purchased a used 20,000 mile 2012 limited. I've tried the search function, but haven't found anyone else with the same specific problem. I also didn't want to reply to 10 year old threads.

The day after i brought my Busa home, upon the first start of the day, I heard some clanking from under the clutch cover. I googled it and found that some owners were reporting the pressure plate bolts backing out and hitting the cover. I pulled my side fairing and the clutch cover and found that I had bolts hitting the cover. Based on what I read at the time I snugged up the shoulder bolts, and applied blue loc-tite to the pressure plate bolts, reinstalling everything and thinking I dodged a bullet.

A couple months later at cold start up I noticed the noise again. I once again pulled it apart to find all the bolts were tight. I put it back together and went for a ride, and all seemed fine. Now I get quite a bit of clatter at cold start ONLY. I have researched this many times to find no one else with the exact same issue.

I originally thought that it was because it took 5-8 seconds to get the oil fully circulated. To try and prove this, the next time I was going for a ride i first sat on the bike and rocked it toward the right to force some oil that way, from the oil pan. I started the bike and no noise

If I start bike and continue to hold clutch lever in for a few seconds before releasing it I get no noise. It seems it only does it when the bike is started on the side stand, and the clutch is released immediately after the bike starts. Is this issue possibly related to the back torque limiter? I need to figure this out, and I'm not sure if I want to do the clutch mod from brocks, or buy the clutch cushion kit from Suzuki. I'm currently unable to upload a video of the sound, and I apologize for that. The bike is currently at the dealer for insurance work due to the bike being backed into while parked at a restaurant last fall. Thank you everyone for any responses/insight!

I realize my pic shows me on a gen I. I no longer own the gen I only the gen II.

Back