Just did the service bulletin job; "Abnormal Clutch Noise"

valkyriemc

Donating Member
Registered
Click-->https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/108236-service-bulletin-hayabusa-b-king.html

Haven't heard any noises but thought I would tear into the clutch and see what was up. The whole job took about an hour an half. The trick to not losing oil is to get the rear tire up on a 2x4 while on the kick stand. The right fairing comes off first to get access to all the bolts. The clutch cover came off without any drama, with gasket intact. The "clutch spring support bolt (s)" number 1 in the diagram were tight, real tight. And the clutch spring bolts were tight too. But since I had everything opened up I pulled the bolts out, cleaned the threads and used locktight blue instead of red. I used a 1/4 inch drive torque wrench to to do the tightning in a star pattern. I set the shoulder bolts to 16.5 lbs which is 198 inch pounds, and 7 pounds (84 inch lbs) on the spring bolts and clutch cover bolts. Pretty straight forward, no surprises. Glad its taken care of.

Mine was making noises when i pulled apart, I went ahead and did the Brocks Mod. Now it slips, I think I might have other damage cause the spring bolts was hitting the cover.

Its not listed in the SB, but if you apply vaseline to the gasket and engine surface before putting the clutch cover back on you will be able to remove the clutch cover again without tearing the gasket on removal.

Mine was making noises when i pulled apart, I went ahead and did the Brocks Mod. Now it slips, I think I might have other damage cause the spring bolts was hitting the cover.

I assume that you are talking aobu the solid hub? You did put the spacers or stronger springs in, right?

I assume that you are talking aobu the solid hub? You did put the spacers or stronger springs in, right?

Yep, I did... first time removing the cover, I noticed marks inside the cover where the spring bolt(s) was rubbing. I will be getting into it in a couple of weeks as soon as I get off work.

Back