clutch noise when idleing

hyabusa

Registered
hi guys im new here and just bought my 2nd busa the problem im having is that when the bike is idleing and clutch out there is a lot of clanging noise coming from the clutch area if you pull in the clutch noise goes away i am a lic heavy equipment mech and always done my own repairs,i have removed the entire clutch basket assy and noticed a few things when just the outer basket is in place and pushing on the large washer the basket has very minamil in and out and side to side play i think its acceptable and the 2 small springs in the back of the basket are loose not much but just enough so that you can move them with your fingers the big ones are tight the slipper part of the clutch clangs around like crazy but i would imagine once the 6 spring bolts are tight that shouldnt make any noise the outer shell cant be moved by hand when you hold the big driven gear so i dont think its loose on the pins,so again the noise is only when the clutch is out at idle if you pull the clutch in the noise goes away,also maybe not related but when you start to let the clutch out in first gear there is a whirring noise untill its all the way out,the bike shifts and drives perfect once your moving any help or suggestions thanks

Back